Fake bands!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:50 pm

Check it out:
http://www.vgg.com/tp/tp_080700_fakeband.html?

Fake bands from tv shows and movies!

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:05 pm

That can't be accurate because Stone Temple Pilots and Alien Ant Farm are not on the list.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:17 pm

I didnt see White Stripes either

trix
GLONO Board Playa

Postby trix » Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:14 am

hey scotty!
em.. alien art farm aren't fake are they? or the stone temple pilots? i mean the're probably maufactured, but they're real bands... right?
i'm missing something here amen't i...!

ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby ryanking » Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:26 am

No Trix, you are hearing Scotty correctly. Stone Temple Pilots and Alien Ant Farm are actually Hollywood actors who lip sync. The songs you hear on their CDs were actually performed by talented musicians with head and neck deformities. The White Stripes are similar but they are actors from South Lyon Community Theater lip syncing to songs recorded by Mr. Mahaffey and his fifth grade students.

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:45 pm

we are through the looking glass here people!

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:57 pm

Come to think of it, I'm a fake band...

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store ... =crimewave

madness
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby madness » Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:26 pm

Oh, man. Now I've gotta see that Fingerbang episode of Southpark that I somehow missed.

funny link

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:22 am

Fingerbang rocks!!!!! I can't say enough about that group. I have torrid dreams about them every night.

I shouldn't directly cobble AAF with STP. STP is one of the all time most successful rip-off bands of the last 30 years. They're catalog of work painstakingly steals from bands as diverse as Pearl Jam, Lush, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Pearl Jam. The only thing that would make them worse would be if they were actually Creed, who steals their music mainly from Pearl Jam and Jesus Christ.

Alien Ant Farm, on the other hand, is simply a 1 & 1/2 hit wonder band that sucks, and is riding a really bad cover of an 80's pop song. Wow, how original. In that respect they're not much different than every other talentless post-alternative-pseudo-punk-semi-emo band out there that thinks it's funny to put heavy metal site gags and guitar riffs in their songs and videos. (essentially the alternakid version of Red Green) Unlike the ultra-produced and finley tuned sound theft of STP, AAF are just a bunch of talentless retards that got lucky.

So why call them fake bands? Why not?

trix
GLONO Board Playa

Postby trix » Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:28 am

On 2002-06-04 08:26, ryanking wrote:
No Trix, you are hearing Scotty correctly. Stone Temple Pilots and Alien Ant Farm are actually Hollywood actors who lip sync. The songs you hear on their CDs were actually performed by talented musicians with head and neck deformities. The White Stripes are similar but they are actors from South Lyon Community Theater lip syncing to songs recorded by Mr. Mahaffey and his fifth grade students.

heheh...
yeah i just thought you meant they were actually fake. scotty, you're dead right with you about stp and aaf...

Return to “Rants and Raves”