Who is a "guilty pleasure" for you?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:17 am

dreamin, does abba really count as a guilty pleasure?
I think too many people love abba for them to count. Everyone likes dancin queen, im more of a "Fernando" fan.

My friends give me looks when I play things like Ice Cube in my car. So I don't know, I guess Deadsy is kind of a guilty pleasure...

Baltimucho
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Baltimucho » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:23 am

Another newbie drawn out by this topic...

I really like (okay, it's close to love) that duet with Huey Lewis and Gwyneth Paltrow from that movie about karaoke -- "Cruisin'."

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:00 pm

Heitzie wrote:Just my second post - here's the sad stuff up front -

Still listen to - Judas Priest (72-84) Paula Abdul, first Michelle Branch record, Sisters of Mercy, Slayer "Reign in Blood", Depeche Mode, DMX and "Cars" by Gary Numan. Oh, and Human Leauge.

I never considered Depeche Mode a guilty pleasure. They're an awesome band. Gary Numan actually was also a really talented musician. You're on your own but with Paula Abdul though, but hey, you saw what my guilty pleasures were.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:41 pm

yeah, that goddam milkshake song is like a fuggin virus that you can't shake... in fact, just thinking about it has gotten it lodged in my dome... btw, it's a neptunes track... gotta love that pharrell... he's responsible for one of my biggest guilty pleasures ever, that goddam justin timberlake "rock your body" song...
there, i said it... i feel so dirty...

i can't really think of anything else offhand...

(/crosses fingers and hopes indie cred stays intact after that timberlake thing)

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:07 am

I really like lost of British hard rock and "heavy metal" from the late 70's and early 80's... Priest, UFO, Thin Lizzy, Def Leppard's first two albums... but especially UFO. I friggin' love UFO!

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:40 pm

Baltimucho wrote:Another newbie drawn out by this topic...

Right on... with a screen name like Baltimucho, does that mean I'm not the only one in the world who likes the band Love Nut? Or is that something all Baltimoreans call their fine city?

Baltimucho
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Baltimucho » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:00 pm

I'm from Baltimore and always liked that CD. That's the only CD of Love Nut that I own. I see that Andy Bopp (the lead singer) also has a group called Myracle Brah.

Baltimucho
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Baltimucho » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:01 pm

I'm from Baltimore and always liked that CD. That's the only CD of Love Nut that I own. I see that Andy Bopp (the lead singer) also has a group called Myracle Brah.

Stacey K
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Stacey K » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:12 pm

Epic power ballads, man! "November Rain" as of late, although the video doesn't show the dancing king that is Axl. The sideways snake-in-agony shimmy is a delight - often duplicated, never intentionally imitated.

Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Maarten » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:17 pm

i listen to jimmy eat world and placebo, and i haven't been an angstridden teen for many many years now

Return to “Rants and Raves”