Who is a "guilty pleasure" for you?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:26 pm

George Michael.

There, I said it and I am not ashamed. He's a great singer and "Careless Whisper" is a beautiful song.

Herb Tarlek
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Herb Tarlek » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:38 pm

Baltimucho wrote:I'm from Baltimore and always liked that CD. That's the only CD of Love Nut that I own. I see that Andy Bopp (the lead singer) also has a group called Myracle Brah.

Myracle Brah are a great band too. You can find them and lots of other awesome powerpop bands on Not Lame Records out of Colorado http://www.notlame.com.

I hadn't heard of Love Nut before though, are they still together?

But I digress, back to the theme of the thread, guilty pleasures......hmmmm.......guilty pleasures musically would have to be ABBA, Rush, Buckwheat Zydeco, and maybe Elvis (his '68 Comeback Special album seriously rocks).

Most of my guilty pleasures though are not music-related, but TV-related.....specifically Reality TV. I'm embarassed to admit it but I can't get enough of it......Survivor, Average Joe, Joe Millionaire, For Love or Money, Fear Factor, Big Brother, and my personal favourite Joe Schmo. I don't know what it is about these shows that sucks me in. Maybe it's a need to experience life vicariously through others who are living lives seemingly many times more exciting than my own, or maybe I'm just an idiot, or both. Who knows.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:47 pm

D. Phillips wrote:George Michael.

There, I said it and I am not ashamed. He's a great singer and "Careless Whisper" is a beautiful song.

You and my brother should get together. Then you can listen to his rants on how George M. was the songwriting genius and Andrew Ridgely (you know- "that other guy from Wham- What 'is name") was just a talentless hanger-on.

Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Maarten » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:50 pm

hmm, i love listen without prejudice..
heal the pain rocks my cheesed up world
Last edited by Maarten on Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby ryanking » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:54 pm

I hate Ted Nugent the man, but "Fred Bear" is rockin', and when I hear him say, "And I'll join you/ In the big hunt before too long", I get chills sent straight from a camo-clad God in rock and roll heaven.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:11 pm

You and my brother should get together.

No, dude. Seriously, I'm straight. Thanks though

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:27 pm

i don't know what it is. maybe it's a warped by-product of growing up in the eighties, but over the years i've come to accept the fact that i'm a fan of billy ocean (circa '81-'88). also, solo jane wiedlen (cutest go-go ever, damn belinda to hell!) stuff always is pull out for a spin every now and again even though it's all just warmed over wanna be top forty pop-pap. oh, and while i'm at it i might as well admit the fact that i've always had a crush on debbie gibson. ugh!

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:39 pm

D. Phillips wrote:
You and my brother should get together.

No, dude. Seriously, I'm straight. Thanks though

I could reference that back to the George Michael affection, but I think my brother gets enough of that too.
Just kidding. There's my act-like-a-13-year-old moment for the day.

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:00 am

Back when I still had time to write for this here site:
http://www.gloriousnoise.com/arch/000111.php

And a big fuck yeah to all the Wham, Nuge, and Seger fans out there. Don't forget your REO, your Rush, and your Floyd!

Jamie

here are some of mine

Postby Jamie » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:22 am

Justin Timberlake
Phish
Pearl jam
The singles off 1st Bush c.d.
That Beyonce song that was a Pepsi commercial
Alanic Morrisette

whew...I feel better now

Return to “Rants and Raves”