Who is a "guilty pleasure" for you?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

SlangKing
MOJO Freak

Postby SlangKing » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:58 am

Ok- I'll admit- I've got a soft spot for the Coug, JCM, whatever you wanna call him- John Cougar Mellencamp's 80s output speaks to my midwestern soul...

I fight authority, authority always wins

all out of love

Postby all out of love » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:17 pm

i am embarrassed for everyone equally.

ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby ryanking » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:35 pm

sab wrote:Back when I still had time to write for this here site:
http://www.gloriousnoise.com/arch/000111.php

And a big fuck yeah to all the Wham, Nuge, and Seger fans out there. Don't forget your REO, your Rush, and your Floyd!

Sab, I love that you lumped the Nuge, Seger, REO, Rush and the Floyd with the hard rockin guitar licks of Wham! Rev that engine and turn them boys UP!

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:41 pm

You've got to be in touch with your feminine side!

DrinkinOxygen
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby DrinkinOxygen » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:01 pm

I think Michael Ian Black said it best of WHAM:

"No one knew... no one even suspected that George Michael was gay. How could they? What would lead you to the conclusion that George Michael was gay?? Not the front man for WHAM?! Surely you jest...."

However, I think perhaps even more accurate was the title of one of WHAM's own records:

.... FANTASTIC!

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:41 pm

FANTASTIC!... I guess FABULOUS! would have been too obvious.

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:51 pm

what?!?!? you mean george michaels is gay? now i feel a little foolish dancing around in my apartment decked out in my oversized choose life shirt. i've got to rethink my life now.

Dreamin
GLONO Board Bolshevik

Postby Dreamin » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:05 pm

Herb Tarlek wrote:Most of my guilty pleasures though are not music-related, but TV-related.....specifically Reality TV. I'm embarassed to admit it but I can't get enough of it......Survivor, Average Joe, Joe Millionaire, For Love or Money, Fear Factor, Big Brother, and my personal favourite Joe Schmo. I don't know what it is about these shows that sucks me in. Maybe it's a need to experience life vicariously through others who are living lives seemingly many times more exciting than my own, or maybe I'm just an idiot, or both. Who knows.

Okay Herb, since you've lowered the bar (JK), I'll confess that I'm fascinated by those super tacky dating shows (in a can't take my eyes off the car wreck kind of way), especially the ones where several female contestants end up in a cat fight over some creepy guy.

Back to music... is liking the Tragically Hip a guilty pleasure? Rush? If so, those are some more of mine.

dick_strokum

Postby dick_strokum » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:04 pm

^^^^ Oh hell yeah, those are really addictive. Like you said, a train wreck you just can't take your eyes off of.

Mine would have to be any of those lovely 80's supergroups:
A-Ha
A Flock of Seagulls
The Cars
Cheap Trick
Corey Hart
Men Without Hats

And I hate to admit it, but I've got some of those hair-metal albums too.... Whitesnake!!!

Oh yeah...
<---- n00b

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:35 pm

Dreamin' wrote:
Back to music... is liking the Tragically Hip a guilty pleasure? Rush? If so, those are some more of mine.

Unfortunately, here in flannel shirts and kodiak boot land, it's a friggen national pastime! Ahem. I hate the Tragically Pap. But if you like 'em cool.

Rush, yes, is a guilty pleasure of mine too, although it seems terribly hip right now.

My true guilty confection of choice, remains BUBBLE GUM! I'm talking pure Brill Building, PF Slone, The Osmands, et al. Yup. Love it! I even love modern takes on the sweetness a la Mark Bacino.

Return to “Rants and Raves”