Reptile House is finally gone

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

blash

Postby blash » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:59 pm

i miss the true classics from our area, Jim Jones & the Kool-Aid Kids, Thought Industry, Twitch, Morsel.

the early 90's local scene in W Mich was truely something to cherish. the bands and the clubs alike were very special. the music coming out of this area was unique as a whole compared to anywhere else. i'm very happy to have clubs like the Reptile House in my past.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:05 pm

I love how this thread rises from the ashes every few months. It's such a time warp for me.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:59 am

Perhaps a replacement for Reptile House in good, old G-Rap?

Club North is an real cool new place. The show is an early all ages show but there is also a bar located in the venue for all those over 21 folks to entertain yourselves with. It's the best of both worlds!! So come check it out!! I'm also going to start spinning tunes there on the weekends. I'll be playing a wide mix of the best in Punk, Ska, Britpop, New Wave, Aternative, Metal, etc., etc., etc. etc. Blah. Blah. Blah.

That's the scoop so let's Rock!

Colin and Parkhurst

www.parkhurstonline.com

Colin used to be the Tuesday night deejay at Reptile. Those were the days, ha ha.

Artemis
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Artemis » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:16 pm

I got that from Colin today, too. Sounds like Club North is turning into a bit of a Reptile replacement (though it used to be a sports bar, I thought), they even have a bondage night sometimes!

newkerofmi

Postby newkerofmi » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:10 am

I purchased the old house from Larry Zeizer in April of 2004. I am now living in the "urban Loft." I am looking for ideas and partners to open the place back up. If anyone has ideas or more importantly $$$$$$ drop me line or post.

Joe Niewiek
[email protected]

Artemis
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:01 pm

Well, I've got no money, but plenty of ideas and contacts as a former GR resident and Reptile go-go girl. ;) Email me at [email protected]

DJSherwood

Postby DJSherwood » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:07 am

Hello,
I was in attendance for 99% of the shows at The Reptile House. Many of the posts here seem close to to the truth. I worked there and u might recognize me if you saw me. For thiose who understand...."Lock and load u mf's. Time to close".
Dan

Artemis
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Artemis » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:18 pm

Hey Dan, Diana here. I don't think I can count the number of times I screamed, along with you and Ross and the rest, "Get the fuck out, it's time to close!" ;) Then we shut the door and drank some more...
Last edited by Artemis on Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:17 pm

Why were you so grouchy about it?

Artemis
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Artemis » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:48 pm

I think we just wanted to say "fuck" as much as possible. ;) Our motto was "Cool as Fuck" after all.

Return to “Rants and Raves”