Reptile House is finally gone

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:49 pm

Big on Inspiral Carpets back then?

There was a time I was at Reptile House a lot. Not toward the end though. I missed all the hullabaloo about bondage night, much to my chagrin.

Artemis
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Artemis » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:42 am

I was interviewed for some local news channel about the bondage night. I had them shadow my face, though. Mom was already pissed off enough at me in those days, as you may remember, D. ;)

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:48 am

I remember all too well.

DJSherwood

Postby DJSherwood » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:09 am

Hi Diana.
I was recently looking through some old photos and video from The Reptile House. Some fun stuff.
Regarding the grouchy comment, I don't remember being that way myself. Actually the guy who would yell "lock and load" was a customer. It became a joke with us. True Reptillians seemed to be able to handle it.

incredible one

The Incredible One

Postby incredible one » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:57 am

What ever happened to the guys from-----
Reptile house?
Incredible One?
Vinyl Solution?
In Your Ear?
Last edited by incredible one on Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: The Incredible One

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:37 am

incredible one wrote:What ever happened to the guys from-----
Reptile house?

The owner snorted the business up his nose. Dave Dever hired him to run the Intersection about 5 years ago and he got fired for some kind of nefarious activities.

incredible one wrote:Incredible One?

who cares

incredible one wrote:Vinyl Solution?

The former owner now runs "Vertigo Records" on south division, same block as the old Reptile.

incredible one wrote:In Your Ear?

once again.....who cares

The one cool shop you left off the list was Scavanger Hunt. Which I believe is now also located on South Division, near the old Reptile.

DJSherwood

Postby DJSherwood » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:12 am

Sugarcubes Forever, U R Wrong. But, Good Luck with that. Who cares? Seems like you Do! If not, why are you here? Why spend so much time on a response? Why not just go away?

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:14 am

I like it when newbies tell vets to "just go away." It's sweet.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:33 pm

jaimoe0 wrote:I like it when newbies tell vets to "just go away." It's sweet.

I'd love to know who Sugarcubes pissed off which set off DJSherwood...

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:30 am

Somebody either has a problem with public mention of the shitty business practices of a defunct Bland Rapids bar owner, or they have some kind of weird fixation on In Your Ear and The Incredible One. Hey, why not bemone the fact that Believe in Music went bust or that Crazy Larry's is ancient history? There was a time when both of those businesses were dealing tunes and teen rock culture to the starving hoards of Bland Rapids. Both went stale and kicked-it, but both also had a zenith that has been long forgotten.

The problem I've had with Bland Rapids isn't the fact that the place has always had lame businesses (like "The Incredible One") or lame politicians (like Gerald Ford) or lame claims to fame (like "The Furniture City). Hell, today there's probably more lame ass pseudo alternative schlock than ever. Places in the Bland now, like Skeletones for example, are genre joints, what used to be called "Poser". Somewhere in the 1990s the christian do-gooder crowd decided it was OK for kids to look funny, as long as they kept it to fashion and didn't actually challenge the Blandness of the Rapids.

My problem with Bland Rapids is all the lame ass people who live here. Every time I hear someone say something like "why doesn't Bland Rapids have X or Y or Z, I have to tell them it's because the vast majority of the people here are TOOLS! Not all of them, mind you. There are some nice crowds of authentic personalities and real people. But the Blandness has so seeped into every nook and cranny of this burg that even most of the cool people suck.

rant off.

Well, at least we do have some damn good beer around here.

Return to “Rants and Raves”