They Were Wrong So We Drowned

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

They Were Wrong So We Drowned

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri May 07, 2004 10:57 am

It's funny - this album by Liars is really growing on me, even tho I wasn't much into the last one. Anyone else listening to this?

Love the album title, too.

Also: You can download mp3's of the whole album at their website: http://www.liarsliarsliars.com/downloads.html

NickL
GLONO Board Playa

Postby NickL » Fri May 07, 2004 11:25 am

It's been just the opposite for me. I dug it a lot at first, but it's not held up. Tried listening to it the other day again but only made it through three songs.

Alias

Postby Alias » Sun May 09, 2004 7:24 pm

Calling themselves Liars is an understatement...they are a bunch of Liars if they actually believe they are musicians

Ad
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Ad » Mon May 10, 2004 1:53 pm

How witty!

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Mon May 10, 2004 5:04 pm

and Alias injects another ray of sunshine. This album is very, very good.

Rock records need more chanting.

dontfeellikeloggingin

Postby dontfeellikeloggingin » Tue May 11, 2004 6:13 pm

I'm interested in hearing it. The first album got old for me pretty quickly. Live they were fantastic, but recorded the songs don't hold up. To me the songwriting didn't seem all that great. I don't need great melodies and hooks if it's repititous and really draws you in, but that album has neither good melodies to grab your attention nor a groove that can KEEP your attention. It's interesting for a little bit. I'll check out their website... Maybe they've honed their skills...

anothermonkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby anothermonkey » Tue May 11, 2004 6:20 pm

I got off my lazy butt and logged in. Liars just seem like another example of the good old hype machine. I'm getting really tired of it lately. Strokes, Rapture, Interpol, Liars, and now Franz Ferdinand. It's all good, but nothing BRILLIANT. Interpol is my personal favorite. Hope they don't disappoint with the next album, as everyone is expecting them too...

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Wed May 12, 2004 2:26 am

anothermonkey wrote:It's all good, but nothing BRILLIANT

i absolutely agree... it's been quite awhile since i bought anything "new" and was totally blown away...

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Wed May 12, 2004 8:27 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

blah blah blah every new band is overhyped blah blah blah no great albums since Exile on Main Street blah blah blah damn kids get off my porch!

Return to “Rants and Raves”