Get well soon, Pete Libertine

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Get well soon, Pete Libertine

Postby Jake » Tue May 18, 2004 7:29 am

Jake
GLONO Team Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Jake » Tue May 18, 2004 7:36 am

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Tue May 18, 2004 10:56 am

Obviously I hope Pete gets help, but on a music-related note, will someone explain what's so fascinating about the Libertines? I'll take The Hives over them anyday. I bought Up the Bracket due to all the hype, and it's a good album, but hardly the stuff everyone makes it out to be. To each his own...

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue May 18, 2004 11:19 am

It's one of my favorite albums. I love how melodic it is combined with how chaotic it is. It just sounds like they're tearing the shit out of their really well-written songs. I love it. Both Carl and Pete's voices are awesome. The lyrics are great. The guitar tones are perfect. Really, it's one of my favorite records of the past couple of years. It's got a couple of weak points, but overall, it's a great album.

Plus, it reminds me of what I love about the Clash, so maybe I'm just a sucker...

joe

Postby joe » Tue May 18, 2004 5:40 pm

the libertines are the greatest band in existence. up the bracket is the best album of this century so far. unbelievable. takes a while to get into like all the great things but the amount of enjoyment it gives is astounding. only hope they can match it with the second album.

joe.

raw power

Postby raw power » Tue May 18, 2004 6:07 pm

KaBoom21

Postby KaBoom21 » Thu May 20, 2004 8:55 am

The Libertines are mighty - the Hives, not so much.

Postby Guest » Fri May 21, 2004 10:29 am

Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Coopstar » Fri May 21, 2004 10:31 am

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:04 pm

FRIENDS 'VERY CONCERNED' ABOUT PETE DOHERTY

PETE DOHERTY has left rehab leaving friends "very concerned for his well being".

The Libertines guitarist has been back in rehab in recent weeks, including a second stint at The Priory in an attempt to beat his addiction to drugs.

However, a spokesperson for the band told NME.COM that Pete has walked for the second time and nobody knows where he is.

He told NME.COM: "Peter left The Priory this morning, his whereabouts are currently unknown although every effort is being made to find him. We are all very concerned for his well being."

The band are set to make a number of live appearances this week, including slots at the Meltdown festival supporting Morrissey and at the Isle Of Wight festival. It is currently unclear what will happen to the performances.

Return to “Rants and Raves”