Nancy Kerrigan and Billy Corgan To Marry

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Mon Dec 10, 2001 9:43 am

So, does anyone know anything about the upcoming Djali Zwan shows? Apparently, the band is made up of the Smashing Pumpkins ex-frontman, drummer and several others. A friend purchased a ticket for this SP extravaganza but I'm not sure what to expect.

Proptronics

Postby Proptronics » Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:02 pm

Ok, so Nancy Kerrigan was not in attendance. Apparently the glare from her toothy grin affected the band's performance.

The Djali Zwan show was great! Corgan has went into a mellow vein that lacked any screams, instead replacing the scream with a giant grin.

He was very at ease with the crowd, there was a lot of between song banter and jokes. The music was mostly acoustic with a couple sing-alongs, the sad quiet ones were as gorgeous as anything the pumpkins every put out. All in all, a wonderful show.

The opening band, Sleeping at Last was fabulous, as well. For all of you Chicagoans, they come highly recommended. They call that burb home. Very emo, mellow rock. Enjoyable for bikers and parishioners.

I would like to write a full review of the show, just don't have the time today.

jimmyjazz

Postby jimmyjazz » Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:34 pm

Please dont make me read about Billy Corgan. Personally I'd emigrate to avoid the guy.
Each to their own I suppose.

Proptronics

Postby Proptronics » Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:25 pm

Yikes! Apparently the topic of the post having Billy Corgan's name wasn't enough to forewarn you that what you were about to read would refer to Billy Corgan.

madness
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby madness » Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:18 pm

LOL, prop!!!

These guys sold out 3 relatively unadvertised Double Door shows here in April. Unbelievable what people will buy into.

Return to “Rants and Raves”