To Ipod or not to Ipod

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:43 am

-- clip --

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:46 pm

'
'

Ran home on my lunch-break, had a bowl of pasta, and gave it another shot with the smaller tool. Success. But not before trying what would be one last time with the larger tool... the tip snapped off completely. Broke clean off inside the iPod. The smaller tool was definitely the way to go. I think also that I'd worked it a bit with the larger tool first, and the smaller tool was then good and undamaged.

Thank you for the offer of help and the tip to get mean with it.

cheers.

'
'

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:00 pm

It's weird to see the thing lying open in pieces on the table - changed my attitude towards it. I carry it a little more carefully and no longer think of it as a white brick - more like a rectangular eggshell.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:30 am

`
`

Well, at least we may be able to get a reimbursement:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8075298/

MSNBC wrote:Customers whose older iPods had poor battery life will get $50 coupons and extended service warranties under a tentative settlement in a class-action lawsuit.

Lawyers representing consumers in the case said Thursday that the settlement could affect as many as 2 million people nationwide who bought first-, second- or third-generation versions of the digital music player through May 2004.

-- clip --

`
`

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:57 pm

Ok so does anyone know a way I can transfer the music from my iPod to my PC? I'm buying a new iPod because my current one ran out of space, and I'd like to save time on transferring the music from my CDs. Anyone know a program I can download or another way?

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:05 am

Have you tried:

http://www.download.com/

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:07 am

Ok, here's a question for which there's likely an obvious answer and to which I'm freakin' blind but here goes: I downloaded a song from Soulseek. It's on my PC. I copied to my iPod, but I can't find it. So I tried again and I get a message that the file exists do I want to replace it.

I'm running XP, I'm only running iTunes (to save space; I have an old machine), and I'm set up to transfer manually (again to save space and not store gobs of music on my already overworked h/d).

BTW, I love my iPod.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:32 am

Miss C, I'm guessing the file is not tagged properly. Can you find it in iTunes? If so, go into its properties and make sure the song title and artist name are filled out. In the meantime, it might be on your iPod with the artist listed as "Untitled" or "Unknown" and the song title as Artist Name - Song Title. Maybe.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:41 am

Jake wrote:Miss C, I'm guessing the file is not tagged properly. Can you find it in iTunes? If so, go into its properties and make sure the song title and artist name are filled out. In the meantime, it might be on your iPod with the artist listed as "Untitled" or "Unknown" and the song title as Artist Name - Song Title. Maybe.

Thanks. I'll check tonight :)

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:41 pm

I figured it out. It was simple. Everything you mentioned, except for the "unknown" was find. I just had to open the file in iTunes, rather than just move it like it was a Word file.

Now I have Husker Du's cover of "Love Is All Round" on my iPod. This makes me very happy.

ETA: if any one has a clue how to convert from Windows Media Audio, lemme know. I just discovered a treasure trove of untransfered music on my h/d.

Return to “Rants and Raves”