To Ipod or not to Ipod

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:21 pm

Want an iPod?

PM me for more info.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:49 pm

The music sounds distorted and phased. Battery is full. What gives?

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:49 pm

Are you Canadian? Did you buy an mp3 player between 2003 and 2004? You could get some money back.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:57 am

miss carol wrote:The music sounds distorted and phased. Battery is full. What gives?

Wierd. I drained the battery, refilled it, and now it works. Still don't know why and still waiting on a reply on the Apple discussion board.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:45 pm

The stupid lawyers at Apple forgot to file a patent on iPod technology and Microsoft swooped in to squat the patent. The sleazy behemoth wins again.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:21 pm

jonas wrote:The stupid lawyers at Apple forgot to file a patent on iPod technology and Microsoft swooped in to squat the patent. The sleazy behemoth wins again.

Ya snooze ya lose. They should have moved quicker on that. That's a REALLY stupid thing to not do.

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:31 pm

I got some water in my iPod - woo hoo!

The good news is that it took me less than 10 seconds to open after I found a website describing a good way to do it. The bad news is that the liquid is still trapped against the LCD screen by this motherboard-thingy...any advice on getting that piece out without breaking the whole thing would be greatly appreciated.

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

APPLE vs. APPLE

Postby russ » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:42 pm

Whatever happened to that lawsuit thingy that the Beatle's APPLE brought against APPLE computer?
If I remember correctly, years ago, Beatles allowed APPLE computer to use the name "APPLE" for their company as long as they didn't get into the music related biz.
Then years later came APPLE computer's Ipod & Itunes.

Did APPLE computer settle out of court or what?

jonas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby jonas » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:02 pm

jonas wrote:I got some water in my iPod - woo hoo!

The good news is that it took me less than 10 seconds to open after I found a website describing a good way to do it. The bad news is that the liquid is still trapped against the LCD screen by this motherboard-thingy...any advice on getting that piece out without breaking the whole thing would be greatly appreciated.

<sigh> Never mind. I fiddled around and some parts fell out and I got them back in, but I broke the LCD in the meantime. So now I have what I call an "iPod Blind" which is perfectly suitable for anyone who can't actually see.

It will certainly add some excitement to shuffle...that is, if I can remember how to get to shuffle.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:33 am

jonas wrote:
<sigh> Never mind. I fiddled around and some parts fell out and I got them back in, but I broke the LCD in the meantime. So now I have what I call an "iPod Blind" which is perfectly suitable for anyone who can't actually see.

It will certainly add some excitement to shuffle...that is, if I can remember how to get to shuffle.

Yikes! I was going to suggest letting air dry.

Return to “Rants and Raves”