To Ipod or not to Ipod

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:08 am

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the thing and couldn't live without it, but I've had a few problems with my old 3G iPod too, altho for the most part it has been amazing. Once it appeared to have crapped out, but a reset and recharge restored my library. The clock is still sketchy, and even after replacing the battery I am less than thrilled with the battery life.

The thing about the iPod is that it is more rugged than it looks, but not as rugged as I'd like it to be. Also, it is a little bulky for a jeans pocket (on it's own it's not, but combined with everything else I hump around with me it's like carrying a second wallet that I have to take out of my pocket every couple of minutes).

The new ones are better, but I get annoyed that I have to bring the charger when I go out of town for a weekend, the battery should be good for that.

Anyway, I am a sucker and I ordered a black inano... it just looks so slick and tiny and batterylicious... I'll have to figure out how to pare down my portable library, but at least I'll have it with me all the time. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Baltimucho
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Baltimucho » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:23 pm

A "man in the street," as quoted by a highly respected national publication, on the new Nano:

"At last, after years of false hope and empty promises, I can finally shove 1,000 songs up my ass."
Gerald Fictner,
Systems Analyst

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:58 pm

They're hyping the hell outta the thing, just like the soon-to-discontinued Mini. I give 'em a year. Till something prettier/richer comes along. Typical.

For me, I'm sticking with my regular 20 giger: dependable, just one colour, and is just right size without being stupid. Soon I'll hear the patter of a little iTalk and I'll be happy :)

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby n8 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:47 pm

Still don't have an iPod, still not a playa.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:49 pm

n8 wrote:Still don't have an iPod, still not a playa.

No, but you're still cute with your lime hat.

And while we're at it, Rhinocastsanyone? Could have potential...

MF
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby MF » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:19 pm

My iPod is officially dead.

I got a nice little casket-like box for it from Apple today. For $39 Canadian dollars they are whisking my dead unit away, most likely to replace it with a shiny new one. I had four weeks left on my warranty, that applecare protection plan is looking pretty good right now...

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:56 am

I got my Nano about a week ago. And let me tell you, 2GB will store a LOT of sad bastard music. And this thing is ridiculously small.

And actually, I haven't really experienced a lot of the complaints I heard from other iPod users (not necessarily on Glono). It's actually really easy to transfer mp3s and CDs on to the iPod, despite what some people have told me (operator error perhaps?) The battery actually is lasting a really long time, which isn't even an issue for me as I may only play it for about an hour at a time, and I'm certainly not running the slideshow, messing with all the EQ settings, and playing Brick on it for three hours straight . The earphones aren't even THAT bad, which has been a big complaint about all of the iPods. I mean, they're frickin' earplugs people, what do you expect?

I wish it was a little easier and quicker to charge, as it has to be plugged into my laptop, which has to be on and running, which also drains power. But overall, both iTunes and the iPod has so far been extremely cooperative and easy to navigate. So long as it doesn't drop dead in a week. But I'm trying to be careful.

songbird

go ipod

Postby songbird » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:17 pm

IPOD IPOD IPOD..

im all for it. a dedicated original, not quite the non conformist, but not a conformist anyways, just one who doesnt like to think about it or just never cares.. anyways, thats me, and I love them.
not that I have one..
yet..

getting a nano for my birthday..
black two toned one. 1000 song. so excited...

!

they just seem the best quality to me, best value. etc. love it. and theyre so awesomely.. ipod

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:53 am

MF wrote:My iPod is officially dead.

I got a nice little casket-like box for it from Apple today. For $39 Canadian dollars they are whisking my dead unit away, most likely to replace it with a shiny new one. I had four weeks left on my warranty, that applecare protection plan is looking pretty good right now...

so sad when bad things happen to good ipods...it's in a better place, MF.

and i saw one of those nanos today. tiny little critter.

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:05 pm

I'm debating the merits of purchasing a 60 gb iPod. I'll probably never have 15,000 songs, but I think 20 gb is to small. However, I'm considering buying a nano keeping my 15 gb and using both. which sounds stupid, but I choose the indispensable songs for the nano and keep the 15 for backup. Now that I'm typing it, it sounds stupid but it worked in my mind. Or maybe just buy a 20 gb. I need help. A lot of help.

Return to “Rants and Raves”