The What Are You Reading? Thread, v. 2.0

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Barabajagal » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:26 am

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby miss carol » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:01 pm

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:44 pm

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:30 pm

infectiousdisease
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby infectiousdisease » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:47 pm

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:15 pm

Batchy
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Batchy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:48 am

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:01 am

Just finished reading , by Chris Anderson, Editor of WIRED magazine.

Better than Freakonomics. Better than The Tipping Point. If that genre appeals to you, grab this one. I will be recommending it to everyone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I've been making a start at three other books-

by Seth Godin. I'd read enough already to want to pick up one of his books. I'd planned to pick up The Big Moo, but I saw this, and it appealed to me, so...

----------

I'm taking another stab at . I'm still not crazy about Manuel DeLanda's writing style, but I'm trudging my way through it.

----------

I picked up several years ago. I'd been familiar with the book for some time, but current events brought it into my hands. I knew it was spawned from a 1993 article in Foreign Affairs magazine. I was expecting it to be very academic in its writing style, and I kept putting off reading it, but this one has turned out to be the most captivating of the three. I imagine I'll finish it first.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:47 am

right on lep... glad someone else digs leyner... i can't read him without reading it aloud to whoever happens to be nearby, but i end up laughing too hard at what i'm reading for the readee to get anything out of it...

i'm re-reading tom robbins' "skinny legs and all" right now...

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Barabajagal » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:26 am

I'd like to thank this thread for turning me on to David Mitchell (Black Swan Green) and Neil Gaiman.

Return to “Rants and Raves”