rambling

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

IgniteYrGeneration

rambling

Postby IgniteYrGeneration » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:32 am

gee this joy division album sure is..uh..neat-o..yeah......anyone going to see the damned at all..? they are touring in october..and will be at inland invasion (in which im missing) http://www.officialdamned.com for more details

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:26 pm

/bump
=my rambling
What I want to know is why graphic equalizers aren't fashionable anymore. In high school, the sign of having a bitchin' stereo was the ability to control all of the audio frequencies coming out of your speakers. And now, even in a world of compressed, tin-eared, urine-drenched music, there are very few of these devices out there.
The last one I owned pooped out in the early nineties, but back in the day there was a full spectrum of heavenly trombones.
What's the plan, Lindsay Lohan?
Why aren't graphic equalizers cool anymore?
Don't tell me you're using that preset e.q. bullshit!

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:54 am

i just occasionally hit the loudness button.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:37 am

creepy wrote:i just occasionally hit the loudness button.

Do you hit it on those rock and roll crazy nights?
If anyone got that joke, you are the hero tonight.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:02 am

I have a graphic equilizer in my soul, so I don't need one in the physical world.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:36 pm

My cousin Maryanne is a fox. Too bad this isn't Ireland where that sort of thing is encouraged because I'd be on her like a duck on a junebug.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:50 pm

but it's cool in kentucky, tennessee, alabama, missouri, and parts of florida. at least you got options.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:01 pm

Bass Cannon!

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:12 pm

D. Phillips wrote:Bass Cannon!

In the late 70's/early 80's, I think there was a fad in which the woofer in some component speakers would move furiously with the music. The idea was to take the detachable front grill off and you'd be able to have some visual effects going on with the woofer as you danced to those bass-y disco songs.
Too this day, I get disappointed if I don't see some woofer action in the speakers.
I also used to take out the speakers in smaller audio devices (portable radios, cassette players, etc) and hook them up to my larger system. Then I'd slowly crank up the music until the speakers would finally blow from the volume.

Little Timmy
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Little Timmy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:26 pm

Where's the love for Rat Scabies, Captain Sensible, Dave Vanian, et al? Lively Arts; The History of the World, Pt. 1; There Ain't No Sanity Clause, Anti-Pope, Machine Gun Etiquette -- they are all classics. Come on, guys, play nice.

Yes, you're absolutely right about the unfortunate demise of graphic equalizers and rampant incest in southeastern states.

Return to “Rants and Raves”