Fuck you, America

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

steve-o
Zombie Jesus
Posts: 2628
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:11 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby steve-o » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:15 pm

Steve-o's election rant:
Message doesn't mean shit these days. What it is important to remember is that 80 percent (and that's being generous) of the American people are fucking sheep. There, I said it. These tired, poor, befuddled masses make their opinions that follow the path of least resistance. That's the path that requires the least amount of rational thought. That's why the right wins so much, because they just play into it by repeating the same tired, simple rhetoric and to hell with truth.
I heard someone say "If being an elitist makes me the smartest motherfucker in the room, then I'm fine with being an elitist." At least my elitism wouldn't have gotten 1,000 dead soldiers in Iraq, a tax cut going to the top 2 percent, and a record deficit.

If I cool off later, fine, but right now, fuck this stupid country with a dirty stickl This isn't the America I thought it was. I don't know what happened to it, but this ain't it.

I'm one step away from renouncing my citizenship at this point. Let the stupids have it.

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Detroit City

Postby Johnny Loftus » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:21 pm

Dreamin wrote:I'm so sorry guys, this really sucks.


Well, is it too early to start planning the Great GloNo Northward Exodus?

I was thinking of Vancouver, until I fell in love with "Brave New Waves" (http://johnny.gloriousnoise.com/0407/north_shore_is_not.php), which I think is broadcast out of Montreal.

C'mon, who's with me? Given yesterday's unfortunate turn of events and the daily reaming it means for the future, Canada is conceivably in play.

JTL

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1986
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:21 am
Location: close enough to say Chicago

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:28 pm

steve-o wrote:I'm one step away from renouncing my citizenship at this point. Let the stupids have it.

But don't you see? That's what the nimrods want; they'll say thank you to your back as you're walking out the door. That's one less voice of dissent, so they can continue to work their corrupt schemes and rape America. The same America that elected them.

This isn't over; just because Der Fuckface got elected, doesn't mean we're powerless. We just suffered a huge setback, that's all.

In these next four years, let this energize all of us Kerry-voters to be that much more politicized, that much more united against corruption, lies, and the bullshit propaganda which those neo-cons spew.

I want to become a letter-writing motherfucker. I want my old America back, and I'm gonna make damn sure that the elected politicians SERVE THEIR CONSTITUENTS!!! This is no divine mandate, you Republican politician skull-fuckers; you gotta earn your keep, you dipshits. Day one: MAKE THIS COUNTRY FIT FOR ALL AMERICANS, not just the rich ones. And not just the Christians, you self-righteous pigs!!! For all Americans: rich, poor, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Atheist, black, white, Asian, straight, gay, bi, asexual... you get my point. I want my free speech back, I want my Patriot Act repealed, and I'm gonna fight you to get it.

Because we can make a difference, you know. I honestly believe that.
Last edited by DJMurphy on Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:30 pm

Johnny Loftus wrote:C'mon, who's with me? Given yesterday's unfortunate turn of events and the daily reaming it means for the future, Canada is conceivably in play.

Mexico is warmer, cheaper and has better drugs...

steve-o
Zombie Jesus
Posts: 2628
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:11 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby steve-o » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:36 pm

This quote lifted from another board, to give credit where it's due, helped a little bit:

"Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: always." - Gandhi

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1132
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: not sweden like some losers here!

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:40 pm

George Bush goes to a primary school to talk about the war. After his talk he offers question time. One little boy puts up his hand and George asks him what his name is.
"Billy."
"And what is your question, Billy?"
"I have 3 questions. First, why did the USA invade Iraq without the support of the UN? Second, why are you President when Al Gore got more votes? And third, whatever happened to Osama Bin Laden?"
Just then the bell rings for recess. George Bush informs the kiddies that they will continue after recess. When they resume George says, "OK, where were we? Oh that's right - question time. Who has a question?"
Another little boy puts up his hand. George points him out and asks him what his name is. Steve."
"And what is your question, Steve?"
"I have 5 questions. First, why did the USA invade Iraq without the support of the UN? Second, why are you President when Al Gore got more votes? Third, whatever happened to Osama Bin Laden? Fourth, why did the recess bell go off 20 minutes early? And fifth, what the fuck
happened to Billy?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 8:00 pm

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:48 pm

jonas wrote:Which is a form of the same argument you make when you say


No it isn't.

My point was that Dems are dipshits. They made an uniformed choice based on their Liberal-thinking stereotypes of "the rest" of americans are like. (IE. that middle america would elect a war hero) I'm not in disagreement with the idea that we should front a candidate who is "electable". But that decision should be made with a few facts in hand. The fact is that Kerry never polled well with independants, moderates or conservatives. THOSE are the people that Dems were supposedly going after by nominating Kerry. Back in the primary season, those voters were saying that Edwards was preferable.

My point here is that if you really want to be in the "reality" based thinking party, you've got to face reality.

Edwards isn't done. Look at George HW Bush. He lost two primary campaigns for the presidency before he even bacame VP.

CANFAN
GLONO Board Playa
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:18 pm

Postby CANFAN » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:56 pm

We here in Canada are just as sad as you folks. We feel just as let down by your country as you do. At the same time, we are encouraged by the progressive, intelligent voices of your country - voices like Jon Stewart, Michael Moore, Al Franken, Bill Maher, Center For American Progress, Move On Dot Org, Truthout, Paul Krugman, David Corn, Media Matters For America, The Nation, Village Voice, Seymour Hersh, Democracy Now, and many, many more. Although we in Canada are fond of bashing Americans, we are also very proud of the 51 million who voted for Kerry. So, I guess what I'm saying is all is not lost. Don't tune out. Keep talking and complaining. It works. It really does.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 4113
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:39 am
Location: Toronto

Postby miss carol » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:58 pm

DJ, my sentiments exactly. This is a rallying cry for right thinking Americans, folks.

Thanks, Steve-o, for the Gandhi quote. The Neo-Cons were chanting "4 More years!" Well, ya know, that's all he's got. ONLY four. NO MORE.

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:04 pm

CANFAN wrote:voices like Jon Stewart, Michael Moore, Al Franken, Bill Maher, Center For American Progress, Move On Dot Org, Truthout, Paul Krugman, David Corn, Media Matters For America, The Nation, Village Voice, Seymour Hersh, Democracy Now, and many, many more.

A lot of good they did.

CANFAN wrote:Although we in Canada are fond of bashing Americans, we are also very proud of the 51 million who voted for Kerry. So, I guess what I'm saying is all is not lost. Don't tune out. Keep talking and complaining. It works. It really does.

What evidence do you have that it works? Seriously. Talking and complaining don't do shit.


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests