Fuck you, America

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member

Postby Johnny Loftus » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:12 pm

You're right Jake, Central America has the drug trade on cheap 'n' easy lockdown. But I can't stand lime in my beer, and getting taken hostage by a paramilitary group and having to beg the clueless American Embassy to pay the ransom so I can get out doesn't sound like fun. Just ask all the hostages in Iraq. So Canada it is, based on good beer, nice trees, a better music scene, and Elisha Cuthbert.

JTL

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:14 pm

Johnny Loftus wrote:So Canada it is, based on good beer, nice trees, a better music scene, and Elisha Cuthbert.

Fair enough. Vancouver then? Or maybe Montreal? Parlez-vous francais?

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby nobodygirl » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:28 pm

a) lime is awesome.
b) but so is snow at Christmas.
c) Lisa?...Where's Christmas?
d)I may not have everything figured out and I may be getting more depressed by the minute, but I do know this much: At some point in the next 48 hours, I am going to have sex with my boyfriend who I am NOT MARRIED TO and IT WILL NOT BE FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROCREATION AND I WILL ENJOY IT. Then I will write Eminem a fan letter. Then I will plant a tree. Then I will call up my homosexual friend and offer to perform a fake marriage ceremony-oh wait, his boyfriend's from South Africa and said he would have voted for Bush if he could have. Then I will donate money to Amnesty International. Then I will probably bitchslap someone after I realize none of this is doing any good.
That's right. Fuckers.

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member

Postby Johnny Loftus » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:29 pm

Jake wrote:Fair enough. Vancouver then? Or maybe Montreal? Parlez-vous francais?

Well, I'm torn. Based broadly on record labels, Vancouver has Mint, Montreal has Turbo, and Toronto has the promising Paper Bag. But that's just generalizing. We need some of GloNo's CanCon enthusiasts to chime in with the answers we need. Which city has the best rock club? How late do the bars stay open? Does Canadaian TV get the "OC"?

JTL

CANFAN
GLONO Board Playa

Postby CANFAN » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:35 pm

Jake wrote...

What evidence do you have that it works? Seriously. Talking and
complaining don't do shit.

Well, it got 5 more million people to vote Democrat this time than last. That's significant, although, clearly not enough. Hey, I can understand your frustration. I feel just as frustrated. But the alternative plays right into the hands of the right wing distortion machine. Fight that. They need to be exposed for the fraud that they are.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:36 pm

Jake, you're really taking this hard - I can tell you really had a lot invested in this election, as did all of us who wanted an end to all the bullshit. Believe me, I sympathize.

But I did find a great message over on Boing-Boing:

Four more years of a nation led by criminals. I was making coffee with one eye on CNN when the news broke, and I called my dad, a man who's spent many years fighting for good things, sometimes at great personal cost.

"Get over it," he said, "The way you feel now is exactly how I felt when Nixon won a second term -- crushed. I just couldn't believe America was that stupid. But remember what happened to Nixon that term."

"Change comes from discontent," he said. "And right now, there's a lot of discontent."

The way I see it, our job now becomes holding Bush's feet to the fire. Anyone as dismally stupid as the neo-cons are going to step on their own dick sooner or later, and when they do...heh heh heh. Karma is a motherfucker.

booker
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby booker » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:40 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:The way I see it, our job now becomes holding Bush's feet to the fire. Anyone as dismally stupid as the neo-cons are going to step on their own dick sooner or later, and when they do...heh heh heh. Karma is a motherfucker.

Let's hope.

Thanks for the perspective.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:12 pm

The way I see it, our job now becomes holding Bush's feet to the fire. Anyone as dismally stupid as the neo-cons are going to step on their own dick sooner or later, and when they do...heh heh heh. Karma is a motherfucker.

Problem is, stepping on their dicks means people dying and our freedoms eroding. I hate to think what colossal mistake this administration has to make for the American public to hold them accountable.

Stacey K
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Stacey K » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:13 pm

See you all in Canada. Who's up for some curling?

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:34 pm

D. Phillips wrote:Problem is, stepping on their dicks means people dying and our freedoms eroding. I hate to think what colossal mistake this administration has to make for the American public to hold them accountable.

Well, there's nothing for that. We are a democracy, and America spoke it's misinformed mind and we have to take it. My guess is a major terrorist attack on the level of 9/11 has already been planned by Bin Laden for some time. If it's bad enough, maybe that will do it. God forbid it should come to that, though.

The only other thing I could see is the media finally get off their fat, complacent asses and uncover a major scandal (shouldn't be too hard with this administration), i.e. Halliburton and Bush's big oil cronies get caught in an Enron-like debacle and they all get caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Return to “Rants and Raves”