List: Words And/Or Phrases To Be Banned In 2005

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:02 pm

Personal peeve. My old boss used to always say "The reality is... in meetings. At one in particular, he said this 47 times. The reality was, I quit this job shortly after examining the reality of my surroundings. Slack motherfucker!

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:14 pm

Ditto me on the 'bling', 'pimped', etc. So trite, so overused. The general rules is, if a catchphrase gets used by NFL commentators, it's done.

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Dawg » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:52 pm

Gotta go with "You're my boy Blue!" from "Old School"

Or maybe that's just me, 'cause at the UGA Bulldog games, we have a hard hitting safety named Greg Blue. Whenever he goes lights out on some wideout or runnning back, every joker under 30 in the crowd thinks they're the FIRST ones to ever chime in with "You're my boy, Blue!"

Drives me nuts.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:38 am

"You da MAN!" GONE!!! If you have to have someone reinforce your genetic makeup, you are not a man...you aren't even fuckin' DEVO...you, sir, are an anatomically incorrect android. So stop scratchin yourself -- you have no balls.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby nobodygirl » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:43 am

miss carol wrote:"You da MAN!" GONE!!!

Notable exception:
Sean Connery.
I know that he said it (and the full context was "YOU'RE the man now dawg," purists/haters) like four years ago. Regardless, he is allowed to say it if he ever chooses to again.
Rrrowr.

--nbg.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:47 am

nobodygirl wrote:
Notable exception:
Sean Connery.
Rrrowr.

--nbg.

normally i'd agree. but esp if connery says that...then it's embarassing.
btw have you seen that man in a KILT!!! sigh. him and liam neeson. next man i need to see in a kilt is colin farrell. manoman....

sorry. i got distracted...

"all righty, then" must go. even I'M starting to say it and bugging the fuck outta me!

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:24 am

I've caught myself saying, "I know, right?" way too much lately. And I have know idea where it came from...

And I'm not going to stop saying, "That's hot," and "That's so hot," anytime soon. It amuses me way too much. I'm kind of addicted to saying it. Especially after somebody describes something patently disgusting or offensive.

WalterCracker
GLONO Board Playa

Postby WalterCracker » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:00 pm

"Can we take this offline" - waiting for some managerial moron to utter this little gem during whatever meaningless meeting I'm in is one of the few things that keeps me going.

I say we keep it.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:10 pm

Dawg wrote:Gotta go with "You're my boy Blue!" from "Old School"

Or maybe that's just me, 'cause at the UGA Bulldog games, we have a hard hitting safety named Greg Blue. Whenever he goes lights out on some wideout or runnning back, every joker under 30 in the crowd thinks they're the FIRST ones to ever chime in with "You're my boy, Blue!"

Drives me nuts.

Yeah man, i'll agree with that one. I was at a sports bar not long ago watching Georgia play, and some drunk guy kept yelling that over and over. It was funny the FIRST time but by the 100th time, I wanted to break a stool over his head.

I'll add the word "hipster" to this list. It seems anytime I read about music now, that word is thrown in there.

Also..."Think Outside the Box" They say this at my office all the time. I cringe when i hear my boss say it.

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:24 pm

another word i don't like nor do i get is boo. like you're my baby boo or you're bugga boo. what the hell? the whole ebonics thing needs to go.

Return to “Rants and Raves”