Libertines Watch

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Libertines Watch

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:00 pm

I am starting a new Libertines thread to track the (for) now defunct band's members and their drama. I love this band and love to watch what they do with their crazy-assed selves. Most of my Libertines info comes from the NME because they seem to be about as obsessed as I am with the band.

CARL BARAT IN TUMOUR SHOCK

PETE'S NEW YEAR'S CELEBRATION

Coopstar
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Coopstar » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:29 pm

I love the Libertines too. Can't wait for the "impossible" reunion. I know that Drummer Gary Powell is playing with the "reformed" New York Dolls... all the living members that is.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:02 pm

Man, I loved 'Up The Bracket' so much ('Road To Ruin', not so much). I wish they could get it together and at least put out another great album or two.

terrabull
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby terrabull » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:47 pm

great article. the libertines seemed to open themselves up completely to the media (especially nme). man they burnt out fast, but up the bracket is so damn shambolically good that i forgive them - nothing that good could last...
what was that at the end of the article about waiting to see how they've inspired their audience to come up with something new? fantastic. so blatently egotistical, i love carl barat. i almost hope he completely disappears off the popular map after this, it just seems right...

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:51 am

BABYSHAMBLES LOSE A MEMBER

BABYSHAMBLES drummer GEMMA CLARKE has walked out on the band, NME.COM can exclusively reveal.

The drummer’s place in the band has been in doubt since the riot at the London Astoria (December 18) when Gemma’s kit was completely destroyed after a stage invasion from irate fans.

A statement reads: "As of today, Gemma has been replaced by Adam Ficek (ex White Sport) as drummer of Babyshambles. The first gig with the new line up will be in February - we'll let you know full details soon."

The band’s next scheduled gig is at the London Carling Brixton Academy on February 22.

NME

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:56 am

The Libertines are rapidly approaching Courtney Love/Mike Tyson status with me.

I'm not a huge Oasis fan, but at least the Gallaghers escapades are charming.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:55 am

Drummer Explains Why She Quit

In a letter to Pete seen by writers at the NME, she wrote: "I will not continue to work under the management that you have chosen for the band... I love you, the music, Patrick, Dru and Babyshambles. Please be safe and be careful. You are a great artist and have been a massive inspiration to me.

"Thanks for the experience and for a great time - keep safe and don’t forget to call me...good luck for the future."

Just what Pete needs...bad management.

NME

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:26 pm

PETE DOHERTY SHINES AT LONDON CHARITY GIG

BABYSHAMBLES singer PETE DOHERTY raced overseas from PARIS last night (January 31) to headline a special benefit concert in LONDON to help children who suffered in the ASIAN tsunami.

The ex- Libertines guitarist, who has a reputation for turning up late or not at all, was surprisingly prompt for the packed out charity gig at The Garage in north London.

The security on the other hand had to contend with several fans trying to hug and kiss their hero as they charged the stage.

Pete even challenged one of them to a race before they both stagedived into the crowd for The Libertines track ‘What Katie Did’.

Babyshambles also performed throttling renditions of ’Black Boy Lane’ and ’In Love With A Feeling’.

The show eventually culminated in Doherty diving into the crowd and singing ‘Fuck Forever’ while the bouncers fought hard to free him from his fans.

MORE from the NME

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:37 am

Doherty arrested after 'assault'
The former Libertines frontman was held after an alleged incident at a hotel in Clerkenwell, central London.

Film-maker Max Carlish told the BBC he had been attacked by Doherty, but would not be pressing charges against him.

Carlish said he had sold photographs showing Doherty taking heroin to a Sunday newspaper.

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:37 am

Return to “Rants and Raves”