Libertines Watch

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Wed May 17, 2006 2:48 pm

Actually, Lurker, I disagree. I think he's made some vital fantastic music. It's just that everytime I read about him now, I know it's gonna be part of his ongoing drugs and drama clusterfuck. Get back to the music already.

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Wed May 17, 2006 5:11 pm

jaimoe0 wrote:Actually, Lurker, I disagree. I think he's made some vital fantastic music. It's just that everytime I read about him now, I know it's gonna be part of his ongoing drugs and drama clusterfuck. Get back to the music already.

I agrre. The fact tat he has so much talent and had so much potential to be huge only ccompounds the tragedy that is Pete Doherty. When I heard Up the Bracket I thought, just like thousands of other people, the Libertines would be great. It wouldn't be so tragic if Doherty was some no talent schmuck, but to see such a great talnet go to waste, it's sad.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Thu May 18, 2006 11:18 am

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/153191 ... bles.jhtml

Here we go again.

Troubled British singer Pete Doherty interrupted a recent MTV Germany interview with his band Babyshambles by squirting a syringe full of what appeared to be his own blood at the camera.

"That was a wicked shot," Doherty said afterward, smiling as his bandmembers looked on in shock.

"I'm really sorry about this," guitarist Drew McConnell replied, apologizing to the crew as he left the room. "That's f---ing f---ed up."

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Sat May 27, 2006 10:53 am

Lurker01
Resident troll

No-One noticed?

Postby Lurker01 » Sun May 28, 2006 11:48 pm

The timeline and the discussion here seem to be omitting that this guy got dropped by his label last week.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon May 29, 2006 11:07 am

According to Rough Trade:
"The situation between Pete and Rough Trade is simply that his current contract has expired," a spokesperson for Rough Trade told Spin.com. "We haven't dropped him. We just haven't seen him and therefore have not had an opportunity to renegotiate. So it is open until we get a chance to speak to Peter and discuss his plans for the future."

WildMercurySound
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby WildMercurySound » Mon May 29, 2006 12:52 pm

Didn't Rough Trade get him to re-record parts of Down in Albion because they thought it was too crap to release? God knows what it sounded like back then...

Anyone heard the new Dirty Pretty Things record, Carl's band? It's not too bad but nothing really jumps out at me as being amazing.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:01 pm

I thought the Dirty Pretty Things album was a lot better than Babyshambles. So much more energy, better playing, tighter performance. I like it even without comparing it to Babyshambles. Although the moments on Down In Albion that work are quite amazing.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:46 pm

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:46 am

Pete Goes to Rehab, Again

This time, he went on his own. Or so say the NME.

Return to “Rants and Raves”