Libertines Watch

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

chateau_distorted

Postby chateau_distorted » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:00 pm

..... oh what a circus, oh what a show ....
I saw the Libertines perform in Edinburgh in 2002 at the now defunct Blue Angel venue. This was during the Fringe Festival and the support acts were not 1 but 2 performing poets, the only time I've ever seen this at a rock show (with the possible exception of Bob Log 111 supporting BRMC). It was a worth-it gig but there weren't any hints of exactly how much of a celebrity PD was going to metamorphose into. And a couple of weeks later the venue burned down, taking around half of Edinburgh's historic Cowgate with it.
Exactly how rock'n'roll was THAT?

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:59 am

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:39 pm

Doherty kicked out of football match

Babyshambles frontman Pete Doherty was reportedly kicked out of a football match for taking drugs in the toilets - only hours after he vowed on national television to stay away from crack and heroin.

According to the News Of the World, the former Libertines singer was told to leave the QPR v Millwall game at Loftus Road on Saturday after he was caught with heroin.

Doh!

vitas
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby vitas » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:24 pm

and he didn't get arrested for shooting heroin in the head? c'mon... the cops don't care any longer. i think we should start the death watch instead of the jail watch.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:51 pm

Uh oh, now this: Kate Moss Enjoys Drinks With Pete Doherty

The supermodel met the Babyshambles singer at a trendy London bar shortly after he escaped being sent to prison on drugs charges last week.

[...]

A source at the bar told the Daily Star, “They were in deep, serious conversation. Kate was having a go at him over his recent stretch in prison, but he did his usual and promised to give up drugs for her.

“She’s never believed him in the past but she’s giving him the benefit of the doubt.

“After they’d enjoyed a few drinks they were laughing and joking together just like old times. But Pete was a little hurt when Kate told him she wanted to keep their meeting secret and made him leave through the back exit.”

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:33 pm

Jake wrote:Uh oh, now this: Kate Moss Enjoys Drinks With Pete Doherty

But Pete was a little hurt when Kate told him she wanted to keep their meeting secret and made him leave through the back exit.”

Johnny Loftus does the same thing to me.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:47 pm

You're a back door man.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:54 pm

Jake wrote:You're a back door man.

So is Clay Aiken, according to a guest on Stern last week. Oh my!

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:02 pm

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:36 am

Jake wrote:Enter the new contest!

Aw shit. The contest is over. Winner will be announced shortly.

Return to “Rants and Raves”