Arrested Development: Cancelled?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Stacey K
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Stacey K » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:04 pm

Speaking of Family Guy, I love it. I think it's very, very clever - I could quote it into the wild blue yonder, in an attempt to become similarly clever. But yeah, I was majorly disappointed by American Dad - the voices, the characters, the EVERYTHING were complete rip-offs, and boring ones at that.

Has anyone heard anything about the new season of Family Guy yet? As in, is it...good?

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby nobodygirl » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:57 pm

Man, David Cross sure does heart Defamer. That interview is long enough to satisfy all y'all with secret crushes on the man even if he is kinda funny looking. AND I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE, DON'T EVEN GIVE ME THAT.
Defamer: quick, say something mean about Life on a Stick!
David Cross: Life on a Stick looks fucking hilarious!! I be I would laugh anywhere from one to two times during its entire run! They’ve really captured what its like to be a 2 dimensional character that has zero basis in reality although it purports to be!
Defamer: well, that was certainly mean
David Cross: See how sloppy I start getting with my typing when I get mean.
Defamer: did you hear that Fox is giving out free corn dogs to celebrate?
David Cross: To the refugees in Darfur? That’s nice of them.
Defamer: well, if that’s what you call the people on the lot, then yes
David Cross: I’ve always considered working on a Hollywood lot a lot like working for the Peace Corp. or Doctors Without Borders
Defamer: but without the hairlips
Defamer: whatever that means

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:13 am

Stacey K wrote:Speaking of Family Guy, I love it. I think it's very, very clever - I could quote it into the wild blue yonder, in an attempt to become similarly clever. But yeah, I was majorly disappointed by American Dad - the voices, the characters, the EVERYTHING were complete rip-offs, and boring ones at that.

Has anyone heard anything about the new season of Family Guy yet? As in, is it...good?

I haven't heard anything new about FG, but man, did American Dad disappear quick! One episode and whoosh - straight into the shitter!

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:54 am

no not at all shecky. that show you saw was a preview of american dad. amercain doesn't premiere officially til may. what you saw was the pilot.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:36 pm

grounded5am wrote:no not at all shecky. that show you saw was a preview of american dad. amercain doesn't premiere officially til may. what you saw was the pilot.

Dammit.

MF
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby MF » Tue May 17, 2005 11:58 am

Arrested Development has been picked up for a third season by Fox.

Here's the official news release...and the quality punchlines from Defamer

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Tue May 17, 2005 4:18 pm

Damn you Fox! Fox is an awful channel. They only come by a good show every once and a while, but then, like the fucktards that hey are, they go and cancel it. I hope this isn't true. Every time they have a good, clever, funny show, they cancel it.

And on the topic of Family Guy (another good show cancelled by Fox) I love it. After Simpsons and South Park, it is my favorite animated show. It's hilarious. And I agree that American Dad is a photocopy of Family Guy, with essentialy the same plotline and same chaaracetrs, only with a new twist.

Each AD character has a corresponding Family Guy character. (Just look by age and gender, with the alien as Brian and the fish as Stewie.)

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Tue May 17, 2005 4:32 pm

um... read the post before yours, hebrew hammer.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue May 17, 2005 4:34 pm

Please don't hurt 'em, Hammer. They've RENEWED Arrested Development. We get another season.

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Tue May 17, 2005 4:39 pm

Yeah! My life has meaning now. Well that's what I get for being to lazy to read the posts before mine.

Return to “Rants and Raves”