Arrested Development: Cancelled?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina
Posts: 2598
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: San Jose, CA
Contact:

Postby jaimoe0 » Tue May 17, 2005 4:43 pm

Okay, HH, read slowly now... Fox has decided to renew "Arrested Development" for a third season. "Family Guy" is back in production because of its phenomenal success on cable and DVD. Relax.

Actually, if you look at Fox, they've given good long runs to both "King of the Hill" and "The Simpsons." They don't just axe whatever show seems to be quality. They're a business. If "Arrested Development" fails to develop a big audience, I don't see where Fox has any choice but to cancel it. Its failure will be more a commentary on the viewing public than the network.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin
Posts: 964
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:06 pm
Location: also? i can kill you with my brain.
Contact:

Postby nobodygirl » Tue May 17, 2005 4:50 pm

jaimoe0 wrote: Its failure will be more a commentary on the viewing public than the network.


That is exactly what made me so upset at the initial prospect--we are a bunch of no-taste assholes who would rather watch The Bachelorette's Nanny Who Is A Surviving Top Model or similar dreck.

And would someone get the kid some Ritalin PLEASE?

EDIT: Jaimoe0, you are apparently eminently quotable today.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1132
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: not sweden like some losers here!

Postby trainwreck2 » Tue May 17, 2005 5:36 pm

a reality show doesnt need as much of an audience because theyre a lot cheaper to make so a lot less people are needed to watch the reality drek than a sitcom.
nanny 911 sickens me with that last episode about the widow, that seemed more "vulturous" than usual

nobodygirl wrote:
jaimoe0 wrote: Its failure will be more a commentary on the viewing public than the network.


That is exactly what made me so upset at the initial prospect--we are a bunch of no-taste assholes who would rather watch The Bachelorette's Nanny Who Is A Surviving Top Model or similar dreck.

And would someone get the kid some Ritalin PLEASE?

EDIT: Jaimoe0, you are apparently eminently quotable today.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby D. Phillips » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:10 pm


Josh B.
GLONO Board Mack Daddy
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:34 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Josh B. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:18 pm

Just read that myself. This just goes to show that TV is dominated by the lowest common denominator. Guess we'll all just have to wait for the Arrested Development graphic novells to come out. Or pray for a family guyesque comeback. fucking fox. Guess they'll just loop that fat lady freaking out on Trading Spouses for a half hour to cover the slot. She looks like Neugene's mom.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby D. Phillips » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:35 pm

I propose an Arrested Development fan fiction forum here on GLONO. All in favor!?

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:48 pm

Postby Tim » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:40 pm

I would hope that another network would pick this up....like HBO. Put it on after Curb Your Enthusiasm or Extras. I bet it would do well on that network.

Fox is such a piece of shit.

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:54 pm

Tim wrote:I would hope that another network would pick this up....like HBO. Put it on after Curb Your Enthusiasm or Extras.

I doubt that HBO would be willing to eat from another network's leftover table scraps. They're all about original programming and shit.

Josh B.
GLONO Board Mack Daddy
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:34 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Josh B. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:34 pm

D. Phillips wrote:I propose an Arrested Development fan fiction forum here on GLONO. All in favor!?


Dibs on the steamy George-Micheal and Maybe scenes.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:48 pm

Postby Tim » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:35 pm

Jake wrote:I doubt that HBO would be willing to eat from another network's leftover table scraps. They're all about original programming and shit.


oh i know...wishful thinking here


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest