Arrested Development: Cancelled?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:43 pm

That sucks - except for Charlize it had a great cast.

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Charli » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:18 pm

Josh B. wrote:
Dibs on the steamy George-Micheal and Maybe scenes.

Oh my good lord.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:03 pm

Tim wrote:Fox is such a piece of shit.

Several weeks before shitcanning me, the moron who fired me from my radio job told me, "You're show is like Arrested Development. And that show is being canceled because of ratings." Honestly I don't think I deserved such praise.
Unfortunately a lot of it is right place and right time and a lot of the pieces of shit who run the entertainment industry are just bean counters. I hope the same thing does not happen to "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office."

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:23 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:I hope the same thing does not happen to "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office."

Earl's getting good ratings. It's the #1 new comedy of the season. I covet Jason Lee's moustache.

GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:44 pm

Jake wrote:Earl's getting good ratings. It's the #1 new comedy of the season. I covet Jason Lee's moustache.

Besides "How I Met Your Mom" and 'Negros Insulting Eachother" on the WB how many new comedies are there? Calling "Earl" the number one new comedy of the season is semantics in promotion but I give NBC credit for being behind the show. They're running "Earl" marathons on saturday night to give people a chance to see it who miss it on tuesdays. It's lead-in "Fat Fucks Crying" otherwise known as the "The Biggest Loser" doesn't give it an audience match lead-in. I talk to people who see the previews and want to see "Earl" but somehow don't manage to catch the show. I googled the top shows and could only find the top 20 because I don't have the patience to find the top 100. Hopefully it's in the top 40.

GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:56 pm

Last week Earl was 11th persons 18-49. Nice!

Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Charli » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:12 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:Last week Earl was 11th persons 18-49. Nice!

It generally places in the top 25 according to the Nielsen's each week. But I don't trust the Nielsens ratings at all. But that's just me.

GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:15 pm

Charli wrote:
It generally places in the top 25 according to the Nielsen's each week. But I don't trust the Nielsens ratings at all. But that's just me.

It's not just you. According to Nielsen 4 million viewers watched the latest episodes of Arrested Development . How many households speak for 4 million? I'm sure I could find out but I really don't want to know.

frankbu

To arms! Let's save this show.

Postby frankbu » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:39 pm

Please tell your friends and sign the petition below so we can formulate a list of a couple of hundred thousand fans.

FOX intentionally mismanaged this brilliant show because it was too expensive to produce. They must bring it back or be punished by boycotting their shows and advertisers. The email list resulting from the petition will prove useful. Let's see what the power of the internet can accomplish.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/arresteddev

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:13 pm

Showtime may rescue 'Arrested Development'

Word around town this week is that Showtime is in talks to pick up the comedy about a chaotic family. Sources stressed that the talks are still exploratory and that it would be a big financial commitment on Showtime's part to pick up the show in its current form with a large ensemble cast that includes Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett.

Return to “Rants and Raves”