TIPS for live performance #1-14...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:51 pm

Sven Killer Robot Spacema wrote:
How about passing the hat or bucket and encouraging everyone to vomit,spit and pee in it like Liberace used to do. Drink it and then ask for tips. Whatever happened to showmanship?

Have you read my Kiss "reunion" concert review from a few years back? In it, I referred to the longstanding rumour that during Kiss concerts in the 70's, people were instructed to pass around a bucket to spit in and then Gene would drink it after it reached the stage. Who comes up with this shit?!

terrabull
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby terrabull » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:54 pm

03. Meet Your Audience At Their Level

Take the time to talk to your audience members at their level. Holding a discussion from a stage puts a wall between you and them. So instead, go out into the audience and talk to them face to face. Kneel if they're at a table, so you're at eye level. And if you have your tip jar with you, you will not only gain a fan, but you will also improve your tips.

Erica C.
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Erica C. » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:20 am

So now you should kneel and beg for tips?
I think that's a bad idea.
The whole idea of carrying around a tip jar while you're playing a set is presumptious anyway.
I'm with infectious on this one.
BTW, does anyone agree that going out into the audience is over-done anyway?

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:24 am

terrabull wrote:
03. Meet Your Audience At Their Level
Take the time to talk to your audience members at their level. Holding a discussion from a stage puts a wall between you and them. So instead, go out into the audience and talk to them face to face. Kneel if they're at a table, so you're at eye level. And if you have your tip jar with you, you will not only gain a fan, but you will also improve your tips.

Supersuckers wrote:Keeping you crazy fuckers in your place, we've got a barricade....
Oh, sweet barricade.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:17 am

There's chicken wire at some bars for a reason.

Return to “Rants and Raves”