dear Riviera, or: creepy interweb love thread, the sequel!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

dear Riviera, or: creepy interweb love thread, the sequel!

Postby nobodygirl » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:15 am

Hello boys.
Random observations about teh show last night:

1. I am consistently amazed at how much random nerdy love there is every time I am at a Glorious Noise function and how much I can talk to everyone I met from this board and only feel a teeny tiny bit weird about it and the weirdness really comes from the fact that I have estimated that 20% of my friends (I lowered the estimate, Blucas) come from the internet now.
2. I was kind of on the fence about Quasar Wut Wut until I saw them play. Holy shit, y'all. I wish I could be more eloquent, but the only thing I can come up with is holy shit.
3. Meeting Johnny Loftus is kind of like having an audience with the Pope, if a meeting with the Pope ever involved making fun of the Pope's clothes.
4. I STOLE A RIVIERA POSTER FROM THE GIRLS BATHROOM AND NO ONE KNOWS I DID HA HA HA HA HA. oh wait.
5. I heart Schuba's despite the fact that I haven't gotten over my love affair with name brand whisky and therefore spent a lot more money than I should feel comfortable with on alcohol.
6. I will make it to Chicago for good someday soon.
7. Damn, but all y'all are pretty people. This girlish fluttery statement includes and encompasses all three of the bands and the board members. I would invoke or coin the term "Gloriousnoise Mafia" but I think they do that on the Barsuk boards.
8. Oh yeah, and Riviera was pretty good too.
9. I need coffee.

that is all,

nbg!

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:18 pm

Thanks to everyone who came out. Another successful GLONO show!

It was especially great for us to have so many friends involved in putting this album out. My best friend's label, Jude lemrow and Jordan Frank recording and mixing, Paper Airplane Pilots and Quasar Wut Wut opening the CD release...it was just everything you'd want.

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:34 pm

Yeah, they blew the roof off that joint.

Derek joined QWW on stage for a cover of "Death of a Disco Dancer" that absolutely ruled.

Anyway, it was great time, and good to finally meet y'all!

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:04 pm

I took a coupla snapshots with my cell phone that I'll have to make sure make it into Derek/Jake's hands, incl. a cool one with Derek playing the piano, and channelling Tom Waits (looks wise, at least).

Thanks guys, it was a helluva show... great to meet even more GloNoids in person.

nobodygirl
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby nobodygirl » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:06 am

I am still the most amateur rock photographer ever ever ever ever ever. but I kind of actually like this one, a lot:

(this would be Mr. Derek Phillips and his tie with Quasar Wut Wut.)

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:30 am

Thanks for coming out, everybody. It was a great night! We'll be writing up a full report this week.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:49 am

Here's a fun photo from my friend Al:

It captures the spirit of the evening! Ha!

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:55 am

That's actually a kickass photo. It's weird that the only thing in focus is Derek and Jake, and the rest is a blur. I see some metaphorical momentum here...

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Barabajagal » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:23 am

So, does everyone wear a GloNo nametag at these things? Or do you just look for the guy with the big glasses and make him take you around?

Lynze
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Lynze » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:27 am

4. I STOLE A RIVIERA POSTER FROM THE GIRLS BATHROOM AND NO ONE KNOWS I DID HA HA HA HA HA. oh wait.

I stole one too!! Hmm...do you think anyone will notice?

Return to “Rants and Raves”