Ween's "Baby Bitch" - a perfect song?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby russ » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:19 pm

Ah WEEN........I got into them around PURE GUAVA....(early 90s?)
Living in New Brunswick NJ on the RUTGERS campus. WEEN used to play alot of shows around there.. I saw them at a place I can't even recall on that tour. They came down the stairs of the club to the little hallway before taking the stage and they were so high that they could barely see straight. Potheads..so funny.....I haven't played that cd in years. I gotta dig it up tonight.

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Dawg » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:21 pm

"Fuck you, you stinkin' ass ho...."

Brillant, perfect record from beginning to end.

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby n8 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:12 pm

I want to know how many people went and listened to or bought "Chocolate and Cheese" upon reading this thread.

Here's the tally so far: | (listened to)

...and I couldn't be happier. After a shitty day, it hits the spot.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:49 am

'
'
Nothing compares to The Pod.

There is a guy that sometimes posts here on GloNo who is/was in a band from Memphis called Neighborhood Texture Jam. They split-bill toured with Ween back in the early 90s (I believe they also toured once as The Butthole Surfers opening act, if I recall correctly)... but I digress...

Back to Ween...

Captain Fantasy and Sketches Of Winkle are magnificent. Sorry Charlie, Pork Roll Egg And Cheese, Dr. Rock...

The Pod is the demo tape that they used to get signed. It was culled from 3600 hours of 4 track tapes, that they whittled down to 23 songs.

These guys are maniacs... let me state that again...

3600 hours!

I saw them once live, back in about '91 or '92.

'
'

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Barabajagal » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:28 pm

I have a good Ween story. My wife and I were vacationing in Monterey, CA. Turns out Ween was playing the local club that night, so we went to see them. Chocolate & Cheese tour. Anyway, there were maybe about 50 people in the whole club (shocking considering they were selling out Chicago venues no problem). Kyuss was the opening band (I thought they were kinda boring). Then Ween comes on and during a particularly rocking number Mr. Kyuss (whoever the super-hairy lead singer was) goes up to sort of headbang along on stage, but then lays down and takes a nap in front of the monitor. The next song, Dean Ween decides to prod him awake with the headstock of his Telecaster, the tuning pegs of which get tangled in passed-out Joe Kyuss's fuzzy mane. After a small struggle, the Deaner yanks the guitar out of J.K's hair, only to have a huge hock of hair dangling from his guitar. We all stare at this hairy headstock for a moment. Then Dean gets an idea: he takes out his lighter and burns the hair off the headstock. Mmmm, burning hair. The kicker is this all took place while he was performing the song.

Several minutes later, the Deaner apparently got sleepy, too, and punched out by pouring a budweiser down the back of his Mesa/Boogie amplifier, jamming his guitar inside it, then plopping face down on a mattress just off the stage, where he remained in Queen Mab's embrace for the rest of the night. Oh, and Gene and the band played a full 75 more minutes, taking requests from the tiny audience!

ryanking
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby ryanking » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:21 am

THAT is a good Ween story.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:50 am

Great story!

Return to “Rants and Raves”