New Digable Planets in '06?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

New Digable Planets in '06?

Postby Dawg » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:53 am

I read in a publication called Insite magazine (a free monthly entertainment paper in the Athens / Atlanta area) an interview with Digable Planet's "Buttterfly" who said they will be relasing a new album next year.

I, like everyone else in '93, loved "Cool Like That", but never got around to buying that album. I did, however, buy the follow up "Blowout Comb" and think it stands as one of the best rap albums EVER. For a rap album released in 1995, it still hold up well and sounds great today. Criminally underrated in the grand scheme of things

Anyone else find this as good news?

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Dawg » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:23 pm

Dang - just didn't want to get shut out....

; )

amighty
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby amighty » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:24 am

I think you should go out and get "Reachin'", because THAT is one of thre best rap albums ever. It's better than "Blowout Comb" anyway and there are some other great tracks on there - Nickel Bag of Funk, Pacifics, etc.. MAybe you missed the window of getting into it tho, and it'll just sound old to you. I loved it when it came out, it was a super-mellow jazzy take on the flower-power rap of De La Soul, Guru, and the Paharcyde. Who knows what a new album would be like. Where is that new Arrested Development album, anyhow?

Lynze
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Lynze » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:06 pm

I agree...'Reachin' is a great album. It's the only one by Digable Planets I own, however, so I can't contribute much else...except to say that you should get it.

Return to “Rants and Raves”