LET THE NETWORKS KNOW HOW YOU FEEL (Kanye West)

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Chris G
Dotman

LET THE NETWORKS KNOW HOW YOU FEEL (Kanye West)

Postby Chris G » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:14 pm

`.
:'

For those who missed it, on live TV, on NBC (and CNBC, MSNBC, etc.), on the music tribute/fund-raiser, Kanye West in an impassioned off script rant, paused for a moment, then belted out "George Bush doesn't care about Black people." Then they quickly switched to another camera.

If you want to make sure there are enough LETTERS OF SUPPORT for his statement before the Christian Right propaganda machine overflows their mailbox with complaints, you can write you LETTERS OF SUPPORT for his remark (or any other input you care to give) to:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

--------------------------------------

HECK, YOU CAN ALSO WRITE A FEW OF THESE PEOPLE TOO:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

`.
:'
Last edited by Chris G on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alias
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Alias » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:33 pm

He sad whut?!!

writ a ladter?! Whut da hell you thaugt'n about? Wheir my boys we gotta a linch'n to git areselves to

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby russ » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:26 pm

lets be careful with this thread kiddies.

all I'm sayin'.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:41 pm

we're only speaking the truth mister mack daddy...anyone who thinks differently should take off those rose-colored glasses...but i would ammend the above quote by kanye west to say "he doesn't care about poor people either"...
Last edited by Chris G on Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:41 pm

p.s. this is chris' wife holly by the way

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Dawg » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:54 am

Come on, people.

I'm a die-hard Democrat myself (and can I tell you how fun that's been in red state Georgia? Thank God for Athens), but that's just a dumb thing to say.

I in NO WAY like Bush, but to say he hates black people is beyond the pale and just ridiculous. Not to mention that this was at a fundraiser to help hurricane victims, bust West feels the need to turn the attention to himself (surprise!) and make it a political rally.

Sucks too because I'm a big Kanye fan and was planning on getting the new album. Now - eh...

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby russ » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:16 am

Chris G wrote:we're only speaking the truth mister mack daddy...anyone who thinks differently should take off those rose-colored glasses...but i would ammend the above quote by kanye west to say "he doesn't care about poor people either"...

Mrs. Holly G,
When the subject of skin color comes up on a message board, or in real life, it easily can escalate into nastiness, so I said "Lets be careful with this thread".

My comment was not Pro-Bush, or Anti-Kanye.
It was Pro-Peace on GloNo.

and I am not wearing any type of glasses, other than prescription ones from Lenscrafters™.

and I care about the people down there and sent money to the RED CROSS last night.
Last edited by russ on Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:03 am

:~
~:

This is Chris again (my wife has some pretty strong feeling about this issue, btw).

To claim there is no race element to this is to bury your head in the sand.

If you think this would have been handled the same if NOLA had a white Republican mayor, and the people starving and dying were white, you're crazy.

I HATE race politics, and I can see right through the race card when it's being used as a crutch or a scape goat, but in this case, I'm in complete agreement with him.

BTW, he said that Bush didn't care about black people, NOT that Bush hates black people. Someone above misspoke about the nature of his comment. I thought that should be clarified. It might sound like splitting hairs, but there is a difference.

I DON'T think it was a vindictive, "Let's stick it to the black people," mentality. I'd say, it was a more latent, lack of priority, because it didn't have the urgency that seeing a bunch of his own voter base starving would have had.

:~
~:

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby russ » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:29 am

Chris G wrote::~
~:

This is Chris again (my wife has some pretty strong feeling about this issue, btw).

To claim there is no race element to this is to bury your head in the sand.

If you think this would have been handled the same if NOLA had a white Republican mayor, and the people starving and dying were white, you're crazy.
~:

It seems everyone I talk to has strong feelings on this situation.
How could we not???

When I simply stated that we should be careful with this thread, I felt a tad bit of tension in the response to my post.
So, yes, I agree. There are strong feelings abounding with this subject.

What I would like to know is why N.O. wasn't ever given the Federal funds for repairing the levees? They knew eventually they were going to fail.
Its just a horrible, horrible situation down there and everyone should try to give something, if they can.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:45 am

Kudos for Kanye for speaking up on national TV. The parallels with the tsunami in South East Asia are sharp. As reported by the CBC, the monetary aid generally got lost in NGO bureaucratic shuffle. Rebuilding was often done by scrounging resources. There were also two types of medicare and morgues: a nice, clean, dignified one for the whites/tourists; and a mass grave for the locals. Again, the images made one's stomach churn. Based on what I'm seeing/reading about the situation in Louisiana & Mississippi, I suspect the class/race divisions will be eriely similar.

Russ, while I agree in sentiment (and your generousity is commendable), I think the resources(money, forces, etc) exist. It's time to use them. It's political will that is needed.

Return to “Rants and Raves”