Mix Tape Exchange

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Mix Tape Exchange

Post by n8 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:17 pm

I know many of these have taken place in the past on GloNo, but I thought I'd maybe start another one up.

Don't know how it was done before, so I'm open to suggestions, but here's my idea:

We get a group of people who want to participate (with a limit of like 10?) get all of our names/addresses together, and then everyone sends everyone else one copy of their mix (CD). I personally am not thinking anything fancy - just a kickass mix with a printed out tracklist.

In order to prevent people from lagging and others from waiting, no one should send their CDs out until everyone else has confirmed that they're done with their mix and have made the CDs and everything.

So umm, anyone down?

Alias
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by Alias » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:14 pm

I've never participated before, so there's always a first time for everything...but I must warn everyone I'm heavily electronica/techno/dance lover, so yeah will be mostly of this genre, so let me know

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by n8 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:03 pm

the more variety the better

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by miss carol » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:12 pm

I'll have to pass. No time.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Post by jaimoe0 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:34 pm

Sign me up and let me know to whom I should send my relevant information. In the past, we've done sort of a mystery gift thing where the organizer takes the names of participants and hooks folks up, so you end up sending out one mix unless others request what you've sent. I can certainly do 10 or so if needed, but the other method was kind of fun where you didn't know what you were getting or from whom. Either way, I'm in.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:52 am

Finally got a stable CD burner, and a little extra time, so sign me up.
Do you want to organize this, n8? I would be willing to volunteer some time to match addresses if necessary.

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by n8 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:13 am

Well I guess the question is - does everyone want to send 1 CD out to everyone, and thus everyone gets to hear eveyone else's, or should we just randomly match people up, so that everyone sends and receives one CD?

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Post by steve-o » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:18 am

n8 wrote:Well I guess the question is - does everyone want to send 1 CD out to everyone, and thus everyone gets to hear eveyone else's, or should we just randomly match people up, so that everyone sends and receives one CD?
Normally the Glono-ers PM the Mix Tape Administrator (or whatever they're called) their addresses, and they are matched up randomly. That way everyone only has to burn one CD.

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by n8 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:14 pm

steve-o wrote:
Normally the Glono-ers PM the Mix Tape Administrator (or whatever they're called) their addresses, and they are matched up randomly. That way everyone only has to burn one CD.
That's what I understand. But a part of me thinks it would be cool to recieve like 10 mix CDs. The cost of making and shipping 10 CDs is maybe what - $10 tops? For $10 we would each get 10 personally made mix CDs from 10 knowledgable music lovers.

redfieldp
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by redfieldp » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:28 pm

Whatever you decide, I'm in. Just PM me.