Mix Tape Exchange

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Donaldson
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Donaldson » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:59 pm

steve-o wrote:I got "There's no antidote", which I believe was from Donaldson, and is a very kickass mix. It reminded me that I need to find more stuff by the Tears.

Thank you sir. And Here Come the Tears is an amazing release.

BTW, Steve-O, your mix has become quite the morning favorite with not only myself, but the girlfriend and roomie as well...

DJMurph... In addition to your other wonderful and well thought-out tracks, thangeevermuch for including Uncle Lar and Little Tommy. I grew up listening to Animal Stories on the radio, and hearing Tommy's hyena laugh brought back some memories.

Alias--Great packaging, great tunes...

The rest of all y'all--I am still digesting...

redfieldp
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby redfieldp » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:07 pm

n8 wrote:Okay, you're in the same boat as me. We need two more.
Let's see...

jaimoe0
and
<b>redfieldp</b>

You guys are on the spot!

I know, I know! Sorry....like I said in a previous post, my PC died a horrible death, as did my prepared mix and mp3s. I have recovered the music and the PC, and will hopefully be making mixes this (long) weekend. Sorry about the delay!!!!

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:30 am

'Member that time we made those mix cds and all y'all got shorted by some dickhead? Well, said dickhead found the discs that somehow got stashed in the garage and has mailed them out. Apologies to those of you who have you shit together (I think that's all of you) and keep an eye on those mailboxes. Jesus, I hope none of y'all moved.

Jaime.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:49 am

jaimoe0 wrote:
> Jesus, I hope none of y'all moved.

The first thing I thought when I began to read your post was, 'Well, I hope the guy who bought our place likes the CD.'

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:54 am

jaimoe0 wrote:'Member that time we made those mix cds and all y'all got shorted by some dickhead? Well, said dickhead found the discs that somehow got stashed in the garage and has mailed them out. Apologies to those of you who have you shit together (I think that's all of you) and keep an eye on those mailboxes. Jesus, I hope none of y'all moved.

Jaime.

Dickhead!

With that out of the way, I think I left a forwarding address, so I will probably still get it.

Any interest in these parts in starting another mixtape exchange?

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:57 pm

Well, a new mix-CD exchange could give me an excuse to come back to the site (sorry to be cheatin', I've been spending all my *forum* time at home renovation sites...).

beginthebegin
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby beginthebegin » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:25 pm

Chris G wrote:Well, a new mix-CD exchange could give me an excuse to come back to the site (sorry to be cheatin', I've been spending all my *forum* time at home renovation sites...).

Hey... could you provide the name of some of those sites? The wife and I are working on a number of improvements to our old home, particularly in the basement area.

Alias
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Alias » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:04 pm

it was weird gett'n a piece of mail addressed to "Alias" outta the blue. at first slight paranoia set in, then when I realized what it was I was like Woah! blast from the past. I mean this CD exchange feels like it was years ago.

jamie0, totally awesome you followed through; truthfully I totally forgot a couple of people didn't send theirs. i dunno for me its wasn't a big deal if a couple of people fell to the wayside; I figured if I got 5 CDs it was golden, plus a couple of the CDs felt like a double comp, not to mention it was fun creat'n the CD and packaging...blah blah blah yada yada yada

jamie0 its an interesting mix. I like "Stupid Marriage", never heard it before; totally tempted to play it at my cousin's upcoming nupitals. And you can never go wrong with "20th Century Boy" it always get me movin, played it like 4 times in a row.

*sigh* the CD was slightly corrupt, but i think it only effect one song, so its cool. anyhow thanks :)

are there any of the other CDs people listen to regularly: like i've been playing Nate's and Steve-O's the whole summer. even my friends and co-workers totally wanted a copy, and mi madre liked DJMurphy's a lot, even asking to burn her a copy, obvs i can't.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:25 pm

Sorry for the f'd up song, bub. I listened back to about four of the discs, and they seemed fine, so I let it ride. I tried to touch on many of the various sub-genres I listen to on my mix. I even have some crap thing I wrote explaining the choices, but decided against including it because it kind of sucked. Anyway, I hope all y'all that got it liked it ok.

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby n8 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:01 pm

Alias wrote:

are there any of the other CDs people listen to regularly: like i've been playing Nate's and Steve-O's the whole summer. even my friends and co-workers totally wanted a copy, and mi madre liked DJMurphy's a lot, even asking to burn her a copy, obvs i can't.

Alias,
Thanks! I'm glad you're still feelin' it. By the way I have no problem with you copying my CD if you want. Just keep the name the same. Whatever I wrote on the CD, you know?
Personally the one I really dug was SlangKing's. I borrowed a bunch of the tracks ("She's Looking Good," "Kid In Candy," "Great Big Kiss," and "Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand)") for a comp for my then-girlfriend. Now she's my fiance, so I guess she liked it :)
Then again, it could be the 30-some other comps I've made for her over the years. When you've found a calling, follow it.

Return to “Rants and Raves”