Thanks Jake!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

SoCalGirl

Thanks Jake!

Post by SoCalGirl »

I just finished previewing songs of Riviera and wow, me likes! I hope everyone takes this as a good thing... but they remind me of a band that would be on a TV show soundtrack you know like the WB. I saw the show Supernatural last week and they focused on rock for their soundtrack. It was cool cause they played new artists and of course how could they forget the classic artists such as metallica and I think some Led too! Since I'm a TV junkie I guess you can say that these things call to my attention. But like I said... Thank you Jake for introducing these guys to me! I think my boyfriend will enjoy them too!
dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

Glad you like Riviera... but wait... wait... did you mistake "Back in Black" or "Highway to Hell" for Led Zeppelin songs? Whoa... whoa...
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

SoCalGirl, you're not just trying to get us to watch some dumb new show on the WB, are you? Because that wouldn't be very good manners now. Prove you're a real music lover and not just a street teaming spammer by purchasing that Riviera album that you like so much now. I see every sale that goes through so I'll know when you buy it. Until then, I just don't quite trust you for some reason...
dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

I don't THINK she's a spammer, because I watched the pilot of Supernatural, and there was no Led Zeppelin, but they played "Back in Black" and "Highway to Hell," and I could see a dumb teenybopper thinking those are Zeppelin songs. There was a reference to Metallica, but no song. If it was a WB spammer, you'd THINK they'd get the facts right.
SoCalGirl

shoot me already!

Post by SoCalGirl »

jeeze dieblucasdie... a bit harsh on this teenybopper don't ya think?? haha , but if my recolection serves me right I thought I heard Metallica, no?? And after all I did say that I "thought" there might be some Led but I wasn't sure. I'm actually a new fan/listener of rock music, I was introduced by my boyfriend so if I don't get the bands right... I'm sorry (I know some people get offended by confusing bands).

Jake don't be so paranoid... hahah. I was just posting my opinion. and to be quite honest... I'm a huge WB fan. So when I listened to some of the samples from the Riviera album it just popped in my head..."sounds like something that would be presented after a show" you know like the "the music you heard tonight on such and such show was from...blah blah blah" that's all. And I would purchase it if i had access to a credit card, after all us dumb teenyboppers have limited access to $$. Do you guys sell the album over here in So.Cali.??
Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky »

Jake - don't queer the deal! After you see her cash THEN you can get suspicious.

Besides, if she is a WB flack, maybe Riviera would move up the chain and be part of the OC soundtrack...
dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by dieblucasdie »

Hey, no hard feelings, I've watched both eps of Supernatural and it's surprisingly good. I like that they're broke-ass, lowlife monster hunters. No knowledge of ancient scrolls, no English librarian, no fancy lab, just a car with a trunk full of guns. The way they use music on that show is great. The only music they have in the car is a bunch of old classic rock tapes, so that's what gets played on the show. Most WB shows use Five for Fighting or Howie Day or some crap, but this show uses AC/DC and Rush. Awesome. And who'd a thought Jensen Ackles could be such a badass after his stint as Lana's lovesick puppy over on Smallville.

Feel better?

Re: Metallica. While they were in the car, Sam makes fun of the old, dubbed tapes, pointing Metallica, AC/DC, and Motorhead. I'm pretty sure only AC/DC actually got played, though. I was really, really hoping to hear "Iron Horse/Born to Lose" or "The Ace of Spades."

The best thing you can do, re: Riviera, is go to your local record store (an independant one, if possible) and ASK for the Riviera album. If they don't have it, they can order it, and maybe they'll order a few extras to stock.

Sorry about the rudeness, but we do get a fair # of spammers around here.
SoCalGirl

Post by SoCalGirl »

hey mixmaster, i didn't think of that one! the OC (they show on fox though) good choice for a show soundtrack though!

diebluecasdie, maybe that's why i kept thinking Metallica... i do remember they mentioned motorhead when he was flipping through the tapes though, and yes AC/DC was played. i couldn't help but laugh about the "love sick puppy" comment. i loved the bad-ass bad boy character jensen took on.

thanks about the tip on how to obtain the album... i don't know of too many "independent" music stores though. i mainly get my music at tower records or music stores that are in the mall. you think i could order it there? It would be a nice anniversary gift for my boyfriend this sunday!
Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake »

dieblucasdie wrote:I like that they're broke-ass, lowlife monster hunters. No knowledge of ancient scrolls, no English librarian, no fancy lab, just a car with a trunk full of guns.
I think you might have just sold me on it!

Sorry, SoCalGirl, to accuse you of the spammoralization. I am totally paranoid about street teamers. Especially when we get shit like this all the time lately. So please don't take it personally.

And if you really want a Riviera cd, you should definitely talk to your local, independent SoCal record store. Tell them it's distributed by Carrot Top (CTD). They should be able to get a copy in the store within a few days. And if they refuse to special order, contact me and we'll figure something out.
Charli
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Charli »

Jake wrote: I think you might have just sold me on it!

This show rocks Jake. JB and I watched it last week and tonight it was " ohhh oohh Supernatural is on, can't miss it" in our household. Show is fucking spooky, in a really awesome way. It's like a new and revamped version of the X-Files, except they're young, male and they aren't working for the FBI.

And I said the same think to Josh dieblucas regarding the music, when I think it was Foreigner??playing I told him the classic rock music is a nice touch since usually we're inundated with a bunch of "up and coming indie" bands.

Plus gotta admit, it is cool that it comes after the Gilmore Girls. Makes tuesday a happy day now.