Thanks Jake!

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:38 pm

Eh - we'll see. I thought the pilot was a bit on the hoaky side, what with the girlfriend oblingly being murdered in the same supernatural way as the mom so the guy had a good reason to continue the series. Cool ghost, tho.

I'm interested in the next one about the Wendigo. That episode will be make or break for me.

SoCalGirl

Post by SoCalGirl » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:46 am

you know.... i was wondering how the heck dieblucasdie had seen "both" episodes... duh you guys are all in Chicago... not fair, just not fair. Watching it now though.

stickman45
Cocksmith

Post by stickman45 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:04 am

[quote="Mixmaster Shecky"]Jake - don't queer the deal!

Ummm..Shecks...Kanye West would like you to stop using words like this.

And, what are your thoughts on black people?

Josh B.
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Josh B. » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:53 am

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:Eh - we'll see. I thought the pilot was a bit on the hoaky side, what with the girlfriend oblingly being murdered in the same supernatural way as the mom so the guy had a good reason to continue the series. Cool ghost, tho.

I'm interested in the next one about the Wendigo. That episode will be make or break for me.
The wendigo episode was mad dope yo. TV horror normally doesn't do it for me but there were some generally creapy and disturbing moments, even some hanging dude watching his friend get eaten alive stuff. Way to go Supernatural!!! Way to go TV.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Post by Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:29 pm

stickman45 wrote:
Mixmaster Shecky wrote:Jake - don't queer the deal!

Ummm..Shecks...Kanye West would like you to stop using words like this.

And, what are your thoughts on black people?
???

Alias
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by Alias » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:23 pm

Supernatural is too dark for me, both cinema-tog and content, it totally needs the comedic aspect of Buffy...anyhow, is this based on the movie, "Frailty" with McConaughey...

stickman45
Cocksmith

Post by stickman45 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:04 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:
???
Bad Kanye reference...

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Post by jaimoe0 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:01 pm

Alias wrote:Supernatural is too dark for me, both cinema-tog and content, it totally needs the comedic aspect of Buffy...anyhow, is this based on the movie, "Frailty" with McConaughey...
The best horror, to me, is unremittingly dark. I totally appreciate the comedic edge of some of your campier horrorfests (the "Evil Dead" films and Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive" come to mind) but the ones that stay with me are dark, dark, dark. If network TV can pull it off, more power to 'em.

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: shoot me already!

Post by Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:50 pm

SoCalGirl wrote:jeeze dieblucasdie... a bit harsh on this teenybopper don't ya think?? haha , but if my recolection serves me right I thought I heard Metallica, no?? And after all I did say that I "thought" there might be some Led but I wasn't sure. I'm actually a new fan/listener of rock music, I was introduced by my boyfriend so if I don't get the bands right... I'm sorry (I know some people get offended by confusing bands).

Jake don't be so paranoid... hahah. I was just posting my opinion. and to be quite honest... I'm a huge WB fan. So when I listened to some of the samples from the Riviera album it just popped in my head..."sounds like something that would be presented after a show" you know like the "the music you heard tonight on such and such show was from...blah blah blah" that's all. And I would purchase it if i had access to a credit card, after all us dumb teenyboppers have limited access to $$. Do you guys sell the album over here in So.Cali.??
It's obvious that SoCalGirl is really the following person dicking with us.......
A) Courtney Love
B) Dan Seals
C) Fatback McSwayne
D) the condemned soul of Paul Lynde
E) the big bald guy from Midnight Oil
F) Freddy Fender
G) one of the barnyard animals who stars in "Desperate Housewives"
H) One of the barnyard animals who starred in "Sex in the City"
I) the bitter guy who lost out out when they voted for the new pope
J) Michael J. Fox
K) Patsy Ramsey
L) King Kong Bundy
M) Lee Van Cleef
N) Patty Hearst
O) Seka
P) Jack Klugman
Q) the condemned soul of the second dog to play "Benji"
R) Fu Schnickens
S) Zippy the Pinhead
T) Zippy the Quadrapalegic
U) Ernie Shavers
V) Wink Martindale
W) The Greaseman
X) Martika
Y) Mother Angelica
Z) Racquel Darian

SoCalGirl

Post by SoCalGirl » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:53 pm

The wendigo episode was mad dope yo. TV horror normally doesn't do it for me but there were some generally creapy and disturbing moments, even some hanging dude watching his friend get eaten alive stuff. Way to go Supernatural!!! Way to go TV.[/quote]

Yeah, could you believe that about the hanging dude?? ewwwwwwww

oh and stickman, i don't get it. explain please.
Last edited by SoCalGirl on Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.