Albums Today

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

creepy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby creepy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:37 am

hey MV, how's that new boards of canada rekkid? i had it in my hands all ready to buy it the other night but ended up going with brian wilson's "smile" and the new princess superstar...

infectiousdisease
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby infectiousdisease » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:34 am

Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have it So Much Better

That's been it...I bought it this morning, ran my teeny legs off all day, but I've given it a few spins since. I'm not passing judgement yet.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:32 am

Little Richard - The Georgia Peach (again)
GBV - Alien Lanes
South Austin Jug Band - Dark and Weary World
Various Artists - DIY: Anarchy in the UK (UK Punk Vol. 1, 1976-77)

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:52 pm

went on a road trip to watch some football this past weekend so had lots of time for music.

Sun Kil Moon- Tiny Cities

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Big Star- #1 Record/Radio City (just bought this double cd of both their first albums. I never really listened to them before, but thanks to many on this site who have recommended them...i'm hooked now)

Bob Dylan- Blonde on Blonde

Drive by Truckers- The Dirty South

Supergrass - Best of Supergrass

The Libertines- Up the Bracket

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:19 pm

I wanna ride in your car!

michaelvincent
GLONO Board Playa

Postby michaelvincent » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:48 pm

creepy wrote:hey MV, how's that new boards of canada rekkid? i had it in my hands all ready to buy it the other night but ended up going with brian wilson's "smile" and the new princess superstar...

It's good. I'm not sure if I like it as much as Geogaddi, though. All in all it's solid, and I like it a lot. The biggest departure that I could tell was the guitar work that showed up in a few songs.

I'd pick it up if I were you, you defintely won't be disappointed.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:15 pm

This evening's workout soundtrack was Boss Jim Getty, a now-defunct New Jersey band. A friend burned me a CD and neglected to include the title. Nevertheless, it rawks.

Russ or Tom, you're both from NJ. Any info? Tracks include "Sweet Valley Punk High," "Better For It," and "No Fun." It may well be self-titled. I've lost touch with the person who gave me this and Internet search rendered a couple of blog hits; nothing useful.

So, yeah. That's been my LP du jour.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:27 pm

Kate Rusby - The Girl Who Couldn't Fly
Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better

anothermonkey
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby anothermonkey » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:49 am

Tim...how's that Sun Kil Moon cover album? I love MM and Mark Kozolek's stuff, but I'm afraid of the combination...I can't really imagine his vocals doing Isaac Brock.

My one album for the day:

Loaded...The Velvet Underground

and what a fine, fine album it is.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:42 pm

anothermonkey wrote:Tim...how's that Sun Kil Moon cover album? I love MM and Mark Kozolek's stuff, but I'm afraid of the combination...I can't really imagine his vocals doing Isaac Brock.

I really like it. If you're a fan of Kozolek, you won't be disappointed. I'm also a fan of Modest Mouse, so I was curious to see how Mark would pull this off. I think he does a great job of exposing Brock's brilliant lyrics which I think sometimes get lost in Modest Mouse's music and Brock's screaming. Takes the rawness out of them. I think it will completely change your perspective on Modest Mouse. "Neverending Math Equation," "Convenient Parking" "Ocean Breathes Salty" are all excellent.

Hey Lep, I have road trip music down to a science, haha!

Return to “Rants and Raves”