Black Star Reunion

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Black Star Reunion

Postby Tom4 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:01 pm

I know most of you won't care about this nearly as much as I do, but it appears Mos Def and Talib Kweli are getting back together! They've put out two singles on vinyl only and their's rumors of a new album in the works. Now....that album, in my mind, can't be topped. Anyone who is looking to give serious hip-hop a chance needs to look here first. Those two are much better together then they are apart, so this is great news as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone else love that album as much as I do? I mean, c'mon!

"Look in the skies for God / What you see besides the smog / Is broken dreams flying away on the wings of the obscene."

"I find it distressing their's never no in-between / We either niggas or Kings / We either bitches or Queens / The deadly ritual seems submerged in the perverse / Full of short attention spans, short tempers and short skirts / More double-barrel automatics released in short-bursts / To think that black life is treated with short worth..."

stickman45
Cocksmith

Postby stickman45 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:28 pm

Fucking awesome.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:52 pm

Count me in. Before Kayne West's latest, I'd always regarded Black Star's album as the last great rap album. High expectations are in order for whatever the two throw down next.

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:38 pm

Yes! If they actually do put out a new one, I will be unbelievably excited. I agree with worpswede except I think it was the last great rap album before College Dropout. Or maybe Madvillainy, but the point it was the last great rap album until last year.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:40 pm

Yeah, I think Madvillainy was the last great rap album. Anything Doom does is gold.

"the violence style of hip-hop may be popular, but you need a break. if you don't want to watch a stallone movie, you can watch some steve martin. i'm more like those dudes. i'm bringing chevy chase to the rap game." - metal-face doom

WildMercurySound
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby WildMercurySound » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:17 am

definately in my top 5 hip hop albums. Not that my knowledge of the genre is up to scratch though.

hebrew hammer
Captain Obvious

Postby hebrew hammer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:16 pm

Mos Def and Talib Kweli touring. Here's the link. Suck it in.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:26 pm

Ugh, no NY dates. C'mon guys...what happened to reppin' Brooklyn? I might have to hike up to Boston on the 1st to see that show.

Return to “Rants and Raves”