Favorite Shoegaze Albums...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Dawg
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby Dawg » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:11 pm

Anyone remember The Darling Buds? They had an album called "Erotica" in 1992. They were a nice little pop-shoegazer type band.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:16 pm

Prop, I'd go with the bands you've already listed. To get an idea of what Creation Records founder Alan McGee was doing musicially at the time, I'd recommend his band Biff Bang Pow and their release "Love Is Forever." There's a song on it entitled "She Haunts" which is great. Lots of reverb and 60's influence and an overlooked gem from the creator of Creation.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:07 pm

Dawg wrote:Anyone remember The Darling Buds? They had an album called "Erotica" in 1992. They were a nice little pop-shoegazer type band.

Dude, that ain't "shoegaze." By the way, I think "Shoegaze" is one of the lamest appellations ever concocted for a sound or sub-genre. I'd be pissed if someone referred to my band as "shoegaze." I friggin' hate it!

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:11 pm

-,-

worpswede wrote:Prop, I'd go with the bands you've already listed. To get an idea of what Creation Records founder Alan McGee was doing musicially at the time, I'd recommend his band Biff Bang Pow and their release "Love Is Forever." There's a song on it entitled "She Haunts" which is great. Lots of reverb and 60's influence and an overlooked gem from the creator of Creation.

Could you temporarily post an mp3?

-,-

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:37 pm

Chris G wrote: Could you temporarily post an mp3?

I only have "Love Is Forever" on vinyl. If I can find a way to convert it to a digital format using my exisiting audio stuff, I'll PM you and get something out.

Return to “Rants and Raves”