21 Best Beatles Songs NOT on One, Red or Blue

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby D. Phillips » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 pm

I say keep You Know My Name. It is so odd I think it might shock some people who have never heard it.

Cut:
Baby's in Black
I Saw Her Standing There
Not a Second Time

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1289
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:47 pm
Location: New Jerz
Contact:

Postby Tom4 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 pm

Yes, the second half of Abbey Road really is one continuous flow. But I think "You Never Give Me Your Money" is the all-encompassing song that summarizes the entire second half.

SlangKing
MOJO Freak
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:33 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Postby SlangKing » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:03 pm

Maybe we could drop "Why Don't We Do It In the Road" for "Dear Prudence"?

Or one of the George Yellow Sub songs (do you need both "Northern Song" and "It's All Too Much"?) for "Hey Bulldog".

Jake
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Jake » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:03 pm

D. Phillips wrote:Cut:
Baby's in Black
I Saw Her Standing There
Not a Second Time

John's voice on "Not a Second Time" is so awesome though. I would cut anything else from Beatles for Sale or Help before I'd cut "Not a Second Time." If it were up to me, which it's not. So argue on...

Kfd2010
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:01 pm

Postby Kfd2010 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:07 pm

I was shocked to find out that "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" wasn't on either One or Blue. This is one of the best Beatle songs there compared to all songs, not just ones not on the album.

Also, a Day In the Life has always been almost an "epic" Beatle Songs, and one of the few after the first couple years John and Paul worked on together.

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1344
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:25 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby dieblucasdie » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:14 pm

Ouch, what about "I'm So Tired"

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1461
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:15 am
Location: Not quite close enough to say Chicago

Postby Barabajagal » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:01 pm

Dudes! "Rain."

blackshoestring
GLONO Board Kingpin
Posts: 788
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:13 pm

Postby blackshoestring » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:06 pm

Kfd2010 wrote:I was shocked to find out that "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" wasn't on either One or Blue. This is one of the best Beatle songs there compared to all songs, not just ones not on the album.

Also, a Day In the Life has always been almost an "epic" Beatle Songs, and one of the few after the first couple years John and Paul worked on together.

These are both on blue though, right?

I would cut (sorry Geo):
Should've Known Better
It's All Too Much
She Said She Said
The Night Before
Long Long Long

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby D. Phillips » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:08 pm

blackshoestring wrote:
Kfd2010 wrote:I was shocked to find out that "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" wasn't on either One or Blue. This is one of the best Beatle songs there compared to all songs, not just ones not on the album.

Also, a Day In the Life has always been almost an "epic" Beatle Songs, and one of the few after the first couple years John and Paul worked on together.

These are both on blue though, right?

I would cut (sorry Geo):
Should've Known Better
It's All Too Much
She Said She Said
The Night Before
Long Long Long


Damn, dissing George big time!

All too much and Long Long Long are two of my favorites.

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac
Posts: 1461
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:15 am
Location: Not quite close enough to say Chicago

Postby Barabajagal » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:09 pm

And "I've Just Seen a Face."

Fucking Beatles and all their fucking great songs!! Fuck them!!!!


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest