Any Juliana Hatifield fans here?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

cat153
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby cat153 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:48 am

First post...I read all the time but never post. However, I am surprised no one brought up the Blake Babies, Hatfield's old band before her solo career. IMO, the Blake Babies' worst hour surpasses anything she has done in her solo career...and that's saying something. They were were a great, great band and one that never really received any due. I was surprised that it wasn't brought up earlier in this thread given the general knowledge of everyone here. I enjoy reading this site quite a bit...not sure if I will post often, so thanks to all for sharing insight and knowledge. This is one of my favorite music sites.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:52 am

Thanks, Cat. I hope you post more; we need some fresh faces around here!

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:49 pm

don't knowanything about that song feed me dawg. i too, have to second, or third rather, the recommendation of the blake babies. out there is the best song done by them. i think that you will like in exile deo dawg. i didn't find it anything like sheryl crow, as sheryl isn't near as talented lately as juliana is. sure the cd has got a lot of pop moments, but it's smartly done pop. with excellent guitar riffs/parts as well. a fun cd to sing to. made in china didn't hook me as much as in exile deo, but it's still pretty good. also i thought that total system failure was a whole cd? what constitutes an ep these days?

Return to “Rants and Raves”