Chronic-les of Narnia

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:52 pm

Things that would make SNL funny again:

1) if it were "hungry" again.
2) if it took chances and didn't answer to a suit.
3) if it didn't "guarantee" a movie career.
4) if it had a trap door to firey Hell that opened up when the skits stopped being funny.
5) if it didn't have a "Rip Torn" stage left telling the audience when to laugh.

I love crude humour so long as it's clever and smart. Cheap and easy is crass and amateur. This is why Kids in the Hall and SCTV still stand up to repeated watching.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: Chronic-les of Narnia

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:42 pm

actually if you ignore most anything that Horatio Sanz does, the show now is damn good, weekend update is the best in 10-20 years
Johnny Loftus wrote:SNL - still pretty funny sometimes.

The Chronic-WHAT?!-cles of Narnia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=zLElfJ9YCh0

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Here!

Postby russ » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:11 pm

dharmabum110
GLONO Board Playa

Postby dharmabum110 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:43 pm

I have to agree about Weekend Update being the funniest its been in awhile. I couldn't stand to watch Jimmy Fallon on that or any other skit in which he would break character and resort to laughing at himself.
In reference to the "Chronicles of Narnia" video, i didn't laugh at all. But I still thought it was the funniest thing I'd seen on the show in a long time. For some reason, the best things on that show don't make me laugh because (to me) they're so spot on. An example being the first time the above mentioned Jimmy Fallon played Carson Daly in a "TRL" skit. Everything was so perfect about Daly and "TRL" that I didn't laugh, but I know it was hilarious.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:35 am

that is why I cant stand Sanz, he thinks he is so funny he cant wait till hes done to laugh..worst was when Fallon and Sanz were together...
The one time it was funny was the Debbie Downer sketch where everyone lost it and could barely finish...

dharmabum110 wrote:I have to agree about Weekend Update being the funniest its been in awhile. I couldn't stand to watch Jimmy Fallon on that or any other skit in which he would break character and resort to laughing at himself.

russ
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby russ » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:16 pm

What do you think cast members make?

$$?

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:05 pm

russ wrote:What do you think cast members make?

According to Wikipedia: It was reported in 1999 that the starting salary for SNL cast members was US$5,000 per episode.

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:55 pm

Ok, here's something I can contribute to.

My top ten SNL cast members:

1. Eddie Murphy
2. John Belushi (if only for his part in The Blue Brothers, one of the greatest movies of all time)
3. Will Ferrell (the "Get off the shed!" skit still cracks me up.)
4. Bill Murray
5. Chris Farley
6. Tracy Morgan
7. Phil Hartman
8. Chevy Chase
9. Tina Fey (the only thing keeping Weekend Update alive)
10. Kevin Nealon (for making Weekend Update funny again)

And fuck Horatio Sans. I actually had to sit through Boat Trip, he should be stoned to death for that juvenile piece of trash.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:32 pm

Hey - you can pick up the Chronic-What-icles video from the iTunes store for free!

Sven Killer Robot Spacema
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sven Killer Robot Spacema » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:08 pm

Jake wrote:
russ wrote:What do you think cast members make?

According to Wikipedia: It was reported in 1999 that the starting salary for SNL cast members was US$5,000 per episode.

My friend is an actor and I remember him telling me (around 1999) that $5000 per episode was the lowest amount an AFTRA member could make if you were a regular on a tv series. It may have gone up since then but a little more than hundred grand a year? Pretty shitty money for a tv star if you have to live in New York. It could be a springboard to a movie career yes. But even when you become SNL's biggest star and you've been on the show 8 years you don't get anywhere near the money a Kelsey Grammar makes.

Return to “Rants and Raves”