Grand Rapids' Music Scene

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:38 am

Hey there,

For all of you local Grapidites, I've got some cool news. Every Tuesday night at Founder's is going to be New Music Tuesday, hosted by Vertigo Records.

It's not going yet, but what Herm (Vertigo manager) and I are going to do is have the cd player loaded up with a ton of new indie and alt.country releases to check out and Herm will also be bringing down some sampler cds and promos to give out for free.

How great is that? The guys at Vertigo are basically doing it for free promotion at the bar.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:47 am

Herm is the man. I order all of you to buy your discs at Vertigo!

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:37 pm

I second that!

Scotty, do you think that would fly? I know you already come down that night, but do you think GR has enough music fans to make that worth Herm's while?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:46 pm

who knows? Founders gets plenty of customers for live music later in the week. You'll need to put up some kind of big sign in the bar stating what's going on. You guys already play random CDs all night, so unless you publish the fact in some way no one's gonna know the difference.

Get out the word, yo!

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:26 pm

I think that's a great fucking idea. Herm is the best and whenever I'm in GR I stop down at Vertigo. I hope it helps drum up even more business for a great record shop.

Return to “Rants and Raves”