What ROCKED BALLS in 2005?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:28 am

My lime green testicle cradle rocked balls this year.

dieblucasdie
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby dieblucasdie » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:51 am

worpswede wrote:HIGH ON FIRE's-"Blessed Black Wings" rocked my balls off this year. Smart heavy metal reduced by Steve Albini. In other words: the drums sound fantastic and the riffin' is where it needs to be: drop d and chuggy.

WORD. Also:

50 Foot Wave - Golden Ocean
The Constantines - Tournament of Hearts

and, obviously, The Hold Steady.

Chris G
Dotman

Postby Chris G » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:09 am

'` '`

White Stripes rocked balls... much heavier than in studio, yet still tight... heavier than I ever thought they could deal out.

Lou Reed rocked balls. Man did he lay down some heavy rock. Heavier than anything I've ever heard from him.

I'd like to say that the Rolling Stones "rocked balls", as they did put on an amazing show, but compared to the aforementioned shows, and by what seems to define the thread, I'm not sure if they qualify by this definition. They were great, though.

'` '`

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:59 am

Rocked my ass off, hard style:

The Intelligence

The Hunches

Black Mountain

Sleater Kinney

Tom Petty
[/img]how the fuck do I post a photo saved on my hard drive?[img]

Disc Two of Dylan's "No Direction Home"

Finally, getting into Vol. 4 from Sabbath

I know it came out in 2004, but goddamn, Mark Lanegan's last album.

Hey, did you dig Metallica when you were a pimply faced teen? Early Man![/img]

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:18 am

Proptronics wrote:how the fuck do I post a photo saved on my hard drive?

You have to upload it from your hard drive to the internet somewhere. A lot of people seem to like http://www.imageshack.us/ and http://photobucket.com/ and http://www.flickr.com/

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:27 am

For uploading a picture quickly for free without registering and then forgetting about it, imageshack is pretty useful.

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:03 am

2005 wasn't much of a ball-rocking year for me. That was 2004 with Drive-By Truckers CDs, principally.

But standing out for me here this year in Parigi were the hard-rocking jams in concerts by Funkadelic at the Olympia and the Young Philadephians (Marc Ribot, Jamaaladeen Tacuma and Calvin Weston) at the Trabendo.

Especially the latter, and especially their version of "Fly, Robin, Fly."

And also since I was surprised to see a friend of mine there. He went cuz he saw the name and he's from Philly - he didn't know who the band members were. He acted like he was at a party, taking off his shirt and waving it around and trying to get the serious folk sitting down listening to the show to get up and dance. It was hilarious. The band seemed to appreciate it as well.

Batchy
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Batchy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:59 am

The White Stripes, Love as Laughter, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Sleater-Kinney rocked my rocks.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:25 am

grounded5am wrote:well damn then! i was going to say martha wainwright, but i'm not sure if anyone else would think she rocked out. and your new wave thing takes out the new order cd. hmmm..... well i think that juliana hatfield's new one rocked out like a motha, as did the debut by the like. i'd also mention coldplay too.

Okay, Grounded. Either you're insane or you're an idiot. Or you're purposefully trying to get a rise out people. Or you're just (successfully) trying to derail the thread. Which is it? None of those are impeachable offenses individually. But Jesus Christ dude, what the fuck is going through your mind when you post shit like this?

Seriously. What the fuck? Do you so desperately feel the need to contribute your response to every conversation that you are compelled to spew inane garbage like this?

Those people you mention are all (arguably) good, respectable artists who have released (arguably) decent albums recently. But to bring them up in a discussion about "what rocked balls in 2005" is stupid, annoying, and almost fucking criminal.

I'll go have my coffee now...

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:39 pm

Jake wrote:I'll go have my coffee now...
Might wanna spike that with a little paroxetine.
8-)

Return to “Rants and Raves”