Maarten, can you explain this?

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:38 pm

infectiousdisease wrote:I want to know what he's singing....no, wait, I don't. It's probably better imagined.

Well, AltaVista's BabelFish translated the title to be "If The Sun Will Seem", which leads me to believe there's an idiom there that doesn't translate word for word into English... either that, or it's as stupid of a song as it appears.

worpswede
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby worpswede » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:39 am

DJMurphy wrote: I miss the days where you'd get the occasional Old Skull. Broke up the monotony...

Jesus Christ! I remember that one! And it was bloody awful. Their song "Kill A Dead Eagle" was one that stands out in my mind. Wow! Jordy (sp?) was another rugrat that I remember, something about how tough it was to be a baby or something....

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:54 am

ladies and gentlemen, the Dutch Wayne Newton...

Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Maarten » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:04 am

steve-o wrote:You're kidding right, Maarten? Like, this is just one of those Make Your Own Video things they have in the mall, right?

Right?

no, i'm actually quite serious. stuff like this may be boycotted by the radio, and frowned upon by the majority of the population, but it is the most popular kind of music among the lower social class, and it sells really well. it's like schlager music, trashy trailerwindmill style, or very low quality country music, if you want to draw a comparison. i even think bob has had sort of a real life soap on tv as well, on a big channel.
look, here are all kinds of losers lined up;
http://home.wanadoo.nl/kassels/artiestenfoto'slink.htm

the title of the song is 'when the sun will shine again'

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby n8 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:20 pm

you think Bob and that chick on the boat are gonna hook up? I do.

I like his earring...

But the dancing is pretty atrocious... not to mention the music and the singing.

Go Bob!

steve-o
Zombie Jesus

Postby steve-o » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:36 pm

DJMurphy wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't make the comment about it being a heroic step for fat kids. I think it's a hilarious video, even if the hilarity is unintentional. I find myself just trying to make a guess at the lyrics based on the context of what's going on visually, and most of the ideas involve this dude trying to impress the clearly unimpressed little chicky.

Oops, you're right. Sorry, I was just too taken with Bob's infectious dance grooves to know who said what.

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:21 pm

steve-o wrote:
DJMurphy wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't make the comment about it being a heroic step for fat kids. I think it's a hilarious video, even if the hilarity is unintentional. I find myself just trying to make a guess at the lyrics based on the context of what's going on visually, and most of the ideas involve this dude trying to impress the clearly unimpressed little chicky.

Oops, you're right. Sorry, I was just too taken with Bob's infectious dance grooves to know who said what.

I said it - and it was meant sorta tongue in cheek.

LionIndex
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby LionIndex » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:46 pm

Maarten wrote:the title of the song is 'when the sun will shine again'

He's somplace the sun doesn't shine?

Maarten
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Maarten » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:02 pm

LionIndex wrote:
Maarten wrote:the title of the song is 'when the sun will shine again'

He's somplace the sun doesn't shine?

the song is about his love for the girl next to him, and he's happy when the sun will shine again he will be able to call out her name and she'll be there and might one day answer his love.
and how his family is very likely to hunt her down if she won't
Last edited by Maarten on Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heitzie
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby Heitzie » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:05 pm

My god. This is so horrid I can't even finish it. But it's true, he's totally gonna hook up with on of those girls on the boat. I remember the French kid Jordie had a minor novelty hit on these shore's with "It's hard to be a baby" with a chorus of "Oooh lala baby, baby baby oooh lala"...Horrid shit. As far as American stuff, I also recall Old Skull getting a write-up in Newsweek.
While like to imagine Europe as infinitely more cultured and sophisticated that the States, they DID spawn the "Crazy ringtone frog", the Spice Girls, and ABBA. But hey, that Alizee girl was pretty cute....

Return to “Rants and Raves”