Sacred Cow Bands where you just don't get the appeal: A rant

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:08 pm

MF wrote:Nope, I'm all Y chromosome last time I checked.

Sorry, I'm ashamed. Maybe I was thinkin Dreamin' and Miss Carol. D'oh!

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Ahem, DJ, I won't dare speak for your wife, but I happen to like the Stones. While for many years I preferred the Beatles, that speaks more to age and influence than gender.

And I'll confirm that MF is male and his lovely wife is not.

What else...I still don't get your distaste for the Stones, MF, but perhaps you don't like blue-based music. (Nothing wrong in that, per se, simply an observation.) A friend of mine doesn't like them either, but she can be quite snotty about it all, so I shan't go into here.

What the fuck I don't get is Radiohead. Puts me to sleep, frankly. About as rocknroll as a piece of paper.

Ok, I must get back to finding out what exactly my author is writing about. Sigh.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Fair enough, it's probably a flawed theory on my part. It certainly isn't meant to be sexist.

But then again, Miss Carol, you've kind of established on these boards that you have impeccable taste in music. And my wife, sadly, has proven to me her taste in music isn't as ah, impeccable!!!!!!!

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:13 pm

DJMurphy wrote:Fair enough, it's probably a flawed theory on my part. It certainly isn't meant to be sexist.

But then again, Miss Carol, you've kind of established on these boards that you have impeccable taste in music. And my wife, sadly, has proven to me her taste in music isn't as ah, impeccable!!!!!!!

Now THAT's more like it :)

Mixmaster Shecky
Honorary GLONO Board OG

Postby Mixmaster Shecky » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:38 pm

miss carol wrote:What the fuck I don't get is Radiohead. Puts me to sleep, frankly. About as rocknroll as a piece of paper.

Okay, now I demand an explanation from you, Miss C. I admit, they're kind of the poor man's Pink Floyd in my book, but still...

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Mixmaster Shecky wrote:
Okay, now I demand an explanation from you, Miss C. I admit, they're kind of the poor man's Pink Floyd in my book, but still...

Wha'? Sorry, I was listening to Kid A and nodded off... They don't engage me. I've tried, I've listened,...and I'd rather just listen to Pink Floyd given the choice.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:39 pm

I'd like to take this opportunity to confess that I've never even heard OK Computer. Seriously.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Jake wrote:I'd like to take this opportunity to confess that I've never even heard OK Computer. Seriously.

Hmm, kind of like me and In The Aeroplane Over The Sea; I still need to catch up on some of my critical classics, too. I think that anyone who wishes to pass judgment on Radiohead needs to hear OK Computer at the very least, from top to bottom. Myself, I listened politely, gave it my best shot, but just couldn't find a reason to listen to it again. It wasn't bad... it just wasn't great.

It didn't make me want to poke out my eardrums with a meat thermometer, like the last time I was forced to listen to the motherfucking Doors.

Barabajagal
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Barabajagal » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:05 pm

miss carol wrote:so I shan't go into here.

What the fuck I don't get is Radiohead. Puts me to sleep, frankly. About as rocknroll as a piece of paper.

Two things to love about miss carol right here: the "piece of paper" comment, and her frequent use of the lovely and underused modal verb, shall.

Chris G
Dotman

Re: Keep em comin'!

Postby Chris G » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Don't get it:

John Lennon
Bruce Springsteen
Modest Mouse
R.E.M.
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Radiohead
Janis Joplin
Grateful Dead
Minor Threat
Quasar Wut-Wut

Is Hall & Oates really someone's 'sacred cow'?

Barabajagal wrote:
Joy Division: What a boring, pathetic and unlasting music they made.

MP3 - Joy Division - Interzone

----

Return to “Rants and Raves”