Are we not men? We are...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Are we not men? We are...

Postby miss carol » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:35 pm

...branded

It's one thing to own the autographed Japanese import on yellow vinyl...

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:37 am

Motorhead also has a tatoo gallery on their website...of course Motorhead hasnt done an album with children singing their songs, but I bet THAT would be adorable...

Arrr Im A Pirate
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Arrr Im A Pirate » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:40 pm

I personally think band tattoos are kind of tacky. I would hate it if I suddenly had a strong dislike for Devo for some reason too.

Anyway, not to get too of topic, this reminds me of this- http://www.tatad.com/. I came across it while doing research for a paper on the media, and thought it was the most evil thing ever. Everyone else seemed to think it was a sweet deal though. Damn my morals and distaste for the Pepsi logo on my forehead.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:41 pm

Arrr Im A Pirate wrote:I personally think band tattoos are kind of tacky. I would hate it if I suddenly had a strong dislike for Devo for some reason too.

Anyway, not to get too of topic, this reminds me of this- http://www.tatad.com/. I came across it while doing research for a paper on the media, and thought it was the most evil thing ever. Everyone else seemed to think it was a sweet deal though. Damn my morals and distaste for the Pepsi logo on my forehead.

blackshoestring
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby blackshoestring » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:34 pm

Miltown in da hizzouse - one of those guys is beloved poster maker extraordinaire VonMunz! (6 across, 4 down)

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:06 pm

Arrr Im A Pirate wrote:Anyway, not to get too of topic, this reminds me of this- http://www.tatad.com/. I came across it while doing research for a paper on the media, and thought it was the most evil thing ever. Everyone else seemed to think it was a sweet deal though. Damn my morals and distaste for the Pepsi logo on my forehead.

"Hi! Since I don't have a soul, I'm willing to sell my skin. I mean (giggle) why not? None of me is real, anyway...I don't think. My hair is dyed, my muscles are injected, and my tits are plastic. So if you're as cheap-ass as me, then I'm the gal/guy for you! I'd LUV to permanently ink your stink on my neck!"

I don't get people. Thank God.

After this past week, I need to be Cheney'd.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:33 am

Id get a small logo tatooed on my arm but only in such a way it could be tastefully covered up in a few years
the golden palace people are nuts...to ink that on my forehead id have to have like a few million bucks

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:04 pm

I've actually considered getting a Dylan tattoo at points, that said I remember the last time I posted about having tattoos. Y'all think I'm nuts but that's ok, I think your nuts are weird looking.

I have a buddy with the Stones tongue and, you know what, I think it's cool. Plus, I have two friends with King Diamond tats which, ain't my bag, but cool on them for showing their love. Did you know Derek has a tat of Farrar on his forearm? He got it back in the Tupelo days and has regret it ever since the break up.

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:17 pm

But on the the lower LIP? What's the point of that? I thought tattoos were meant to be shown off. So you walk around downtown twisting your lip down to show street cred? That's nuts...which I don't have or envy

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:04 pm

I have the sun from Sublime's Second Hand Smoke tattooed on my back, but that had as much to do with my love of the art as my love of the band.

Soon, I will be getting the tied-up bird from Death Cab's Transatlanticism on my forearm for the same reason.

I also have Starry Night tattooed on my arm, so I'm just a whore for other people's art. I figure since I can't draw, I'd rather do shit like this than get some tribal or Chinese lettering from those lame flash catalogues tattoo parlors have.

Return to “Rants and Raves”