Please help us figure out our demographics...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Please help us figure out our demographics...

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:49 am

If you fill out this <a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=357 ... ise">music blog survey</a>, please enter "Glorious Noise" in question #24 so that we can break out our data. We (and our advertisers) want to know who's reading this site.

If you enter GLONO or gloriousnoise or www.gloriousnoise.com or anything other than Glorious Noise your responses won't be included in our subset of the data.

Thanks!
Last edited by Jake on Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redfieldp
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by redfieldp » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:03 pm

Is this a joke? An indie, anti-corporate music site wants us to fill out a form to generate marketing and data for ad revenue? Come on, guys. Weak. If you need money, design another cool t-shirt.

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:17 pm

redfieldp wrote:Is this a joke? An indie, anti-corporate music site wants us to fill out a form to generate marketing and data for ad revenue? Come on, guys. Weak. If you need money, design another cool t-shirt.
Yeah, those sell so well. We might as well put out another album nobody buys while we're at it.

Like it or not, ads make GLONO possible. Help us or don't, but don't fucking lecture us on how we do business on this site. You'll be hard pressed to find another business as open about its operations as we are.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:21 pm

Redfield, I appreciate the irony, believe me. But the ads pay the bills and they're not going away anytime soon. We dance with the devil and let him buy us drinks, but that doesn't mean we're going to put out. We're not that kind of girl.

The survey is more interesting to me to see how what other sites our readers read and how much time you spend online, etc. I could give two shits about how much money you make and how much you spend online. I am curious about the ages of the readers, but that's really here nor there.

The real point is: if you don't want to fill out the survey, don't. But if you do, make sure you enter "Glorious Noise" in the referrer or else the Man gets to see your responses and we don't.

redfieldp
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by redfieldp » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:23 pm

D. Phillips wrote: Yeah, those sell so well. We might as well put out another album nobody buys while we're at it.

Like it or not, ads make GLONO possible. Help us or don't, but don't fucking lecture us on how we do business on this site. You'll be hard pressed to find another business as open about its operations as we are.
Hey, no need to be a crank about it! I bought one!

Christ man, no need to get your panties in a bunch. It just seemed a bit strange to me.

redfieldp
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by redfieldp » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:23 pm

redfieldp wrote:
D. Phillips wrote: Yeah, those sell so well. We might as well put out another album nobody buys while we're at it.

Christ man, no need to get your panties in a bunch. It just seemed a bit strange to me.
Actually, now that I think about it, I bought two.

redfieldp
GLONO Board Pimp

Post by redfieldp » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:24 pm

Jake wrote:Redfield, I appreciate the irony, believe me. But the ads pay the bills and they're not going away anytime soon. We dance with the devil and let him buy us drinks, but that doesn't mean we're going to put out. We're not that kind of girl.

The survey is more interesting to me to see how what other sites our readers read and how much time you spend online, etc. I could give two shits about how much money you make and how much you spend online. I am curious about the ages of the readers, but that's really here nor there.

The real point is: if you don't want to fill out the survey, don't. But if you do, make sure you enter "Glorious Noise" in the referrer or else the Man gets to see your responses and we don't.
Okay, glad you can at least say what I'm saying without swearing at me. Jeez. I'll fill out your silly survey, just get D. Phillips to stop scolding me... ;)

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Post by D. Phillips » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:26 pm

redfieldp wrote:
redfieldp wrote:

Actually, now that I think about it, I bought two.
Well...then...buy two more...I guess!

I got nothing.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:31 pm

redfieldp wrote:just get D. Phillips to stop scolding me... ;)
Stop scolding Redfield, you old crank!

Arrr Im A Pirate
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Arrr Im A Pirate » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:45 pm

I filled it out, but I forgot to put you as a referral