cancelled shows on DVD

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

cancelled shows on DVD

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:03 pm

thanks to the Austin Public library I have recently been able to revisit Freaks and Geeks and now Wonderfalls...TV may be the devil but DVDs for shows that get shut down due to clueless execs rule.

DJMurphy
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby DJMurphy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:02 pm

I just recently bought Action!, the short-lived Jay Mohr/Ileanna Douglas show, complete and newly-released on DVD. I also own the still wonderful Sports Night DVD boxed set. Cryin' shame about those two shows; think outside the box, and you're doomed to the network TV shuffle, which leads to an early demise.

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:22 pm

i just wonder how long til TV shows go straight to video....
what id like to see is shows that didnt even make it as far as these available via iTunes, like old pilots and stuff...

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Re: cancelled shows on DVD

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:31 pm

trainwreck2 wrote:thanks to the Austin Public library I have recently been able to revisit Freaks and Geeks and now Wonderfalls...TV may be the devil but DVDs for shows that get shut down due to clueless execs rule.

Wonderfalls was a great show. The way that the network handled the show and kicked it off the air offers a perfect example of why network TV is falling apart. Plus, that chick on Wonderfalls was cute.

Gotta chime in with Firefly. It got literally the same treatment as Wonderfalls by its network. Episodes shown out of order and cancelled as soon as the first episode was aired.

A better question is what will be the next good show to get shit-canned by the networks? I'm digging Sons and Daughters enough that I'm certain it'll get cancelled before the season ends.

jaimoe0
Level 10 Glonoid with +5 stamina

Postby jaimoe0 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:13 pm

And the world still waits for the complete "Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist" to find its way to DVD.

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:22 pm

jaimoe0 wrote:And the world still waits for the complete "Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist" to find its way to DVD.

And The Wonder Years.

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:57 pm

Tom4 wrote:And The Wonder Years.

and Ed.

cat153
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby cat153 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:04 pm

and UNDECLARED....

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:07 pm

cat153 wrote:and UNDECLARED....

where've you been?

WildMercurySound
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby WildMercurySound » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:19 pm

I read somewhere that Arrested Development is now re-cancelled because the creator doesn't want to do it anymore, which was one of the conditions of Showtime picking it up. I've yet to see the third season, but in some ways maybe it's better for a show to go out on a high than to drag on for a few seasons without its makers being behind it.

I also loved Firefly: it drew me in so quickly and i found myself caring for the characters; there was a great dynamic there and so much potential. At least it spawned a film and graphic novel though. It also made me want to revisit Buffy.

Return to “Rants and Raves”