the borders debacle

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

hannahsmom
GLONO Board Playa

the borders debacle

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:14 pm

I wonder why no one seems to be talking about the fact that Bush and the other 2 amigos are meeting to talk about expanding the US borders to include Mexico and Canada...Welcome to Meximericanada!!!!
Free trade and illegal immigrant guest passes my foot. The powers that be are moving toward a global society populated by slaves who won't question a thing that the overlords do. Mean while we, the middle class are on the endangered list. Where are all the human rights activists when you need em?????

miss carol
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby miss carol » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:42 pm

Um. They aren't. There is talk about using an "smart ID" to cross the border, which is yet another cash grab. Use a passport and get over it. Canada whines about it's sovereignty, but won't act it. We are a separate nation; we must protect our borders and use a passport to cross them. Simple.

As for the legalization of "aliens" working in the US, get 'em legal. The Minutemen bitch and complain that they're "talking work from Americans", but from what I've read and heard, they do jobs that Americans don't want to do. So let them. Then they'll pay taxes. Problem is, they'll also demand their rights. Can't have it both ways, eh?

Hannahsmom, there are human rights activists working. Tons of them. Turn off CNN and take a look at independent media. Digging arround pays off. There's PEN, Amnesty International, just to name the obvious.

And bear with me folks, I've spent the past week working on angry non-fiction for the past couple of months. Eye-opening, yes, but it's also cynical-making and thirst-making.

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Re: the borders debacle

Postby Jake » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:57 pm

hannahsmom wrote:I wonder why no one seems to be talking about the fact that Bush and the other 2 amigos are meeting to talk about expanding the US borders to include Mexico and Canada

Maybe because this is a music site?

Also, why argue about it when it's so fun to sit back and watch the Republicans tear into each and divide their constituencies for a change?

grounded5am
Edie Brickell fan

Postby grounded5am » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:42 pm

when i saw the title of this thread i thought it was going to be about borders music stores. i was curious to find out what was going on with them.

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Postby n8 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:13 pm

grounded5am wrote:when i saw the title of this thread i thought it was going to be about borders music stores. i was curious to find out what was going on with them.

ditto. music peoples' minds work in different ways than normal folks...

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Tom4 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:42 pm

You guys know that "debacle" is pronounced "DEB-uh-cle," not "deb-AHK-le"?

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Postby thinsafetypin » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:06 pm

Tom4 wrote:You guys know that "debacle" is pronounced "DEB-uh-cle," not "deb-AHK-le"?

dictionary.com lists both as acceptable pronunciations.

Arrr Im A Pirate
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Arrr Im A Pirate » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:42 pm

n8 wrote:

Same here, can we talk about this instead?

BeaArthur5-49
GLONO Board Playa

Postby BeaArthur5-49 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:46 pm

n8 wrote:

Arrr Im A Pirate wrote:
Same here, can we talk about this instead?

Hear, hear!

Return to “Rants and Raves”