Kevin Smith on Jay's troubles...

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Kevin Smith on Jay's troubles...

Post by Jake » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:39 am

Me and My Shadow Pt. 7

Crack is wack. Heroin is bad. To quote Abbey Hoffman, "Avoid needle drugs. The only dope worth shooting is Nixon."

Via whatevs.

Arrr Im A Pirate
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Arrr Im A Pirate » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:17 am

Actually I heard he cleaned up pretty well. I think Smith said he wouldn't do another movie featuring Jay until he dropped the habit.

Clerks 2

I even heard that Jay quits weed in the film to reflect his real life self.

Good for him.

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by thinsafetypin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:38 am

you really should read the blog post, pirate. although it does end in a "to be continued" and a reference to the fact that he does, in fact, turn things around, it's crazy to hear how far down he goes and of course, kevin is a very engaging writer, so the whole thing is interesting.

Arrr Im A Pirate
GLONO Board Playa

Post by Arrr Im A Pirate » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:41 am

I will once I get some free time.. I wasn't criticizing the post, just adding to it. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Still, good for Jay.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Tim » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:36 pm

thinsafetypin wrote:kevin is a very engaging writer, so the whole thing is interesting.
He is a great writer and storyteller. I would also recommend the DVD 'An Evening with Kevin Smith.'

anyone see that?

Tom4
GLONO Board Maniac

Post by Tom4 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:42 pm

Tim wrote:
He is a great writer and storyteller. I would also recommend the DVD 'An Evening with Kevin Smith.'

anyone see that?
Yes. Very funny, very entertaining. I have a special affinity for Smith's movies, having grown up an hour away from where they take place. I've visited the RST Video/Quick Stop and checked the bathroom to see if the lights worked. Good news, they did.

thinsafetypin
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by thinsafetypin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:46 pm

i'm just trying to decide whether or not to sell this when clerks 2 comes out.

i wouldn't even think of it if i had gotten the signatures (kevin smith & jason mewes) myself, but i bought it that way from a comic book store, so it's a little bit less precious to me. still, though...

n8
GLONO Board Kingpin

Post by n8 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:56 pm

thinsafetypin wrote:i'm just trying to decide whether or not to sell this when clerks 2 comes out.

i wouldn't even think of it if i had gotten the signatures (kevin smith & jason mewes) myself, but i bought it that way from a comic book store, so it's a little bit less precious to me. still, though...
i think you should just sell that photo. excellent.

Tim
GLONO Board Mack Daddy

Post by Tim » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:17 pm

thinsafetypin wrote:i'm just trying to decide whether or not to sell this when clerks 2 comes out.

thats awsome! i bet if you threw that up on ebay, you might make some cash off that.