Jazzersizing with Proptronics

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:23 pm

Prop, you the man! Tuesday night at Founders was another crazy evening.

Is the Vertigo Music night going to happen in the next few weeks? I think it'll be cool.

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:31 pm

<and one, and two>
<lift those knees Scotty!>

Whew, I'm an exhausted cat after sweatin' it out to that smooth jazz.

Fuck, I called the owners this morning and basically told them that band is to never come back on a shift that I work. New Music with Vertigo will be two weeks from yesterday. Promise!!

Herm and I will be churning out the latest and forthcoming releases of the best Indie shit available, like Kenny G, Branford Marsalis, Wynton Marsalis, Chucky Marsalis, Chicken Marsala, etc., etc.

Can anyone here think of anything worse than enduring two hours of smooth jazz done by a bunch of low-talent hacks. At least there's sexy teens at In-Sink concerts, aren't there?

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:54 pm

Somewhere Van Morrison is rolling over in their grave (they are dead, aren't they?). That band was an afront to the basic idea of Kenny G and everything he stands for! Not even Zanfir and his magic flute could have saved that horrible excuse for smooth jazz. Not since the last time I saw Dry play at the Easttown Street Fair have I seen such a low quality band take so long to set up their equipement.

yadayadayada

Peace

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:34 pm

Scott,
Van Morrison is actually a person, like Jim Morrison or Tony Morrison. Not a band, like Pink Floyd or Lynard Skynard or Clem Snide. And Van Morrison is very much alive as of March 20, 2002.

But smoove jazz? Ugh!

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:19 am

If his name can be Van, I think my daughter will be named Sedan.

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:52 am

Phil, I know who Van Morrison is. I was joking around. Isn't his brother in his band?

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:57 pm

Scott,
I don't think you were joking around. I think you thought Van Morrison was the name of a band, like Van Halen. In fact, you reference to a Van Morrison brother leads me to believe you think Van Morrison IS Van Halen!

Sugarcubes Forever
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Sugarcubes Forever » Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:49 pm

Dude, don't f with Alex and Eddie! Those my boyz. I prefer to think of them, as they were, one happy family back in 1984! Wasn't Ted Nugent their lead singer?

Just kidding.

Seriously, I don't own a single Van Morrison album. I probably never will. If I saw the guy on the street I'd probably just think "hey, there's some old guy". But I'd never confuse him with Van Halen. I always thought of him as a group, the kind of guy who always has the same players on stage, but is always referred to in the singular.

Now that I think of it.....I don't even care. I hate Van Morrison. Isnt' that moondance song the one that Mac Tonight sang in those McDonald commercials?

he he

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:29 pm

Mac Tonight? Wow. I had totally forgotten about that. Oy vey. I'm going to have nightmares.

sab
GLONO Team Member

Postby sab » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:12 pm

I actually owned Mac Tonight sunglasses in high school. I scraped the McDonalds logo off the lenses so no one could tell. Then I got a great idea to go along with my custom The Who jean jacket. I scratched The Who logo into one lens, and "I'd walk over you to see" into the other. Then I painted over the lenses with White Out to fill in the scratches. When I scraped the White Out off the smooth part of the lenses, it left just my embarassing devotion, plain for all to see. Best thing is it didn't even impair my vision.

Return to “Rants and Raves”