sleater kinney break up

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Johnny Loftus
GLONO Team Member

Postby Johnny Loftus » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:53 pm

I've been a S-K fan for a long time. It's an admittedly abrasive sound, and I didn't always agree with their ideology, which seemed to me to sometimes reveal itself as indifference or even hate for their fans. But musically I was always struck by how bracing and immediate their music was. Rewriting feminism as a three-minute anti-pop jam is tough. But S-K came close most of the time.

JTL

trainwreck2
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby trainwreck2 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:07 pm

i have no hate, i used to hate em for being sexist (wouldnt let an all straught male band play w/ em) but gave up,,,heard some good songs, but never flipped over em
worpswede wrote:Wow. The hate here blows me away. I'd echo a lot of what jaimoe said. America's greatest rock band they're not, but they're a damn fine American rock band. I'll miss 'em.

Stu Nahan
GLONO Board Playa

Postby Stu Nahan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:59 pm

I think that S-K is a great band and I am sure going to miss them. They have always put on an excellent show when I've seen them live and I have yet to be disappointed by any of their records. I'm very glad that I bought tickets to what has turned out to be their last show in NYC. It should be a fun night and nice sendoff for a tremendously talented band.

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:11 pm

Put me in the pro camp as well. I've just started listening to the various mp3s on the Web after the release of The Woods, and I think they're great. (But, then again, Miss C., I like The Tigger, too.)

Lep
GLONO Board Maniac

Postby Lep » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:20 am

Return to “Rants and Raves”