Oscars

This is the place where you can vent whatever's on your mind. Feel free to go off on extended rants or brief blurbs about whatever's rocking your world.

Moderators: D. Phillips, Jake

Jake
GLONO Team Member

Postby Jake » Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:28 pm

I literally fell asleep during the "best songs" part of the show where Sting, Randy Newman (with John Goodman), and Enya performed. Did I miss anything good, like the one year Elliott Smith played "Miss Misery?"

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:32 pm

No. Macca was ok. Very stripped down. Just him, a penny whistler and another guitarist. Kinda cool, but not earth shattering.

Proptronics
Whiny, Annoying Complainer

Postby Proptronics » Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:50 pm

Speaking of Elliot Smith, has anyone heard anything from him as of late. Damn Figure 8 was a great record!

-> You two missed a pretty good show at the Metro last night. Dismemberment Plan is just a whole lot of fun and Death Cab For Cutie was decent. Being at the Metro was such a nice change from Dutch City. Do you two get sore necks over in Chicago from constantly craning your necks to check out all the gorgeous women?

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:39 am

Elliott Smith has a new album coming out late spring, I think. I know the ex-drummer opf the Beachwood Sparks plays on a couple tracks. That's all I know.

madness
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby madness » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:00 pm

On 2002-03-25 13:50, Proptronics wrote: Do you two get sore necks over in Chicago from constantly craning your necks to check out all the gorgeous women?

I don't know about the guys, but us gorgeous women get sore necks from craning for a view of the bands you big MI guys are blocking us from.

j/k Prop. Good show, huh?

Proptronics

Postby Proptronics » Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:10 am

Err, actually I'm 11 years old and I'm only 4'9''. I don't think I was blocking anyone's way.

Were you there Mad? Dismemberment Plan is another one of those bands (like a ska band) that is unbearable on recording but tons of fun live.

madness
GLONO Board Pimp

Postby madness » Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:52 pm

I was, Prop. First time I ever saw the Plan and they indeed put on quite a live show. Third time seeing Death Cab for me. Cex sucked (1st time I ever said that!).

Clinic tonite.

Proptronics

Postby Proptronics » Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:09 am

I missed the opening band, apparently that wasn't a bad thing. That was my first time at the Metro and I thought it was a shitty venue. I've never had a more difficult time seeing a concert than there. It bums me out that I decided to catch Jon Spencer there instead of in Detroit.

(and no, I'm not really 4'11'', I can't imagine that those smaller in stature saw any of the show.)

D. Phillips
GLONO Team Member

Postby D. Phillips » Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:37 am

It's all about positioning at the Metro. I have my primo spot but I ain't telling you mooks or I'll never see a show there again.

Return to “Rants and Raves”